Thread: Mass Effect 3 PC version Controls are same as Console Version

Mass Effect 3 PC version Controls are same as Console Version

I have installed Mass Effect 3 on my computer. I am not happy with the controls provided in the game. Enter and Escape keys does not working at all. functions of all the buttons are unexpected. All the players are saying that you will be able to get used of it once you have played the game for enough amount of the time. Tell me what is your opinion regarding the controls of the game. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Mass Effect 3 PC version Controls are same as Console Version

Personally I am really happy with the controls of the game and I did not got any issue while using the same. I could not figure out why are you having the issue. Controls are not so weird as much you are thinking.

I got the same kind of issue when I was playing the demo version of the game. I have also found that you will be able to activate the things which were quite narrow and you have to give a look on surfaces where you wanted to cover. In the previous title you will require to press button and simply take cover without having look on the surface.

According to me controls are broken rather than of saying there are portish. The developer of the game would need to cover control by making the difference between every single command. I mean to say that Space bar should not be the button which will do everything for you in the game. personally I am not a big fond of using space bar for every single command. Rather controls should be assigned to the other buttons as well. I hope developer of the game will make the possible changes on the controls.

We know that this particular game has been ported from console version of the game. so i don’t think so conventional keyboard controls would work. You will need to use mouseclick for all the menus in the game. I think you are aware of that this particular game was originated on Console. so the developer of the game are focusing on Console version only. The PC version of the game was not ported by Bioware. The developer of the game should work on the same. I think it wont be much difficult thing to implement Enter, Escape, scrolling and double-clicking in the game.

The controls of the game are having resemblance with ME 2 and even they are having keyboard unfriendly user interface. The biggest issue is that number of functions are mapped with the single key. They had designed the user interface which will have support for 640*480 resolution. Now days computers don’t support for such a smaller resolution. I could not get why developers did not provided FOV option. They are cutting down the feature which can be implemented in the game without having much trouble. According to me the developer of the game should work on the same and make changes in the respective controls. Without having appropriate controls there will not be any fun to play the game.

The second game was developed for computers to just compete Xbox version of the game. I was not able to get why ME1 was having better interface. If we talk about ME3 then GUI wont be optimized for the computers. I know that its not game breaking thing but it seems to be really odd while playing the game. its not a big problem as compare to the game controls that are not working properly when you are playing multiplayer scenario of the game. ME2 was having bad controls but if you running the game at low FPS then it wont cause any issue while playing the game. it would be nice if the combat controls are divided into different kind of keys. I think it wont be really difficult thing to do for developer.
    As the game is ported from the control version we need to use space bar for multiple action though we are having 105 keys on the keyboards.

Personally the User interface of the game seems to be non pc. When you are supposed to be desing users interface and control system for any platform then you should think whether it would be ideal for the platform. You should not forcefully provide the same on us. I think you remap the console controls with computer without considering interaction with UI.

I am not going to purchase the game until and unless the developer of the game fixes the control issue. even I have noticed that console version of the game is having the same kind of problem and it should be fixed by the developer of the game.