Thread: Robots having weapons in XCOM

Robots having weapons in XCOM

what do you thinking about drones and robots involved in Xcom game? I would be disappointed if any of army will not have weaponized robots in the game. according to me this particular game should involved the such robots. Tell me what you do you thinking on the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Robots having weapons in XCOM

Yes they should provide it in the future release. They should provide Super Heavy Infantry Vehicle in the game. it is simply designed for the unmanned weapon platform. It will take the place of squad member one should not level up. It should be destroyed on the death. It will have weapon and you can use the same as a mobile cover. At the later stages we can have myriad of the weapon tech. there should be power armor. We should have couple of armor options in original so select any of them.

I am looking to have drones in the game. it should be small ones. It should have guns or cameras and scout one with the camera so that it can work with sniper.

Well I am sure about the thing that it won’t take the place of the squad member. I would not use SHIVs. I have done some research work for the Aftermath and found that they were no value added on play style. This particular game is about soldier hence I don’t think so mechanics for the game would fit properly. in the Original version we can have 2 vehicles deployed into the mission.

If I am not wrong the we are having unmanned ground vehicles in Xcom. But I could not get whether we would have an upgrade for the device. to have a humanoid robots in the game seems to be unlikely and there would be really less scenarios where the legs would perform the less movement rather than that of wheels or treads. modern treaded robots are having capacity of climbing stairs which means there would not be practical reason for the legs.
    I can understand that to have a humanoid robots did not seems to be practical. However I will really appreciate if there are realistic functional robots but make sure that we should be able to customize.

According to me the developer of the game should provide some kind of abilities and damage absorption which should be unmatched. To provide such humanoid robots the developer of the game will require lots of efforts to put and it also depends on the player as well.