Thread: Town exploration in Silent Hill: Downpour

Town exploration in Silent Hill: Downpour

I am playing silent Hill: Downpour currently. I have played the previous installments of the game. The town exploration in this part is great as compared to the previous parts. The cloudy and foggy environment that restricts ones view to a limited distance adds the thrilling factor to the town. Does anyone else to think that the town exploration is goo in Silent Hill: Downpour?

Re: Town exploration in Silent Hill: Downpour

I am playing the game right now and I too think that the town exploration part is pretty cool. The best part in own according to me is the Police Station. Every time I pass around the police station, chills run through my spine. Another good part is the map of the area, especially the way it is depicted. I just loved the book format for the map. I have actually played very less number of missions; half my time is spent in exploring the town, taking its screenshots and showing them off to my friends.

The best part about the town exploration I found is the police radio that is given to Murphy. Rather than usual static noises, the police radio starts to make noise every time any monster is near. Again the planks that are placed in many places to cross over the pits or roofs of houses seem cool. It actually adds the effect of ruined town. The style of character balancing and walking over the planks is again very well designed by the developers.

The only problem I found with town exploration is the flashing effect that objects give. Because of it the objects seem out of environment. If it was not then the objects would have looked like they are part of the environment. The atmosphere again gives a good effect to the environment. With such environment, I can say that Vatra games have defined a new boundaries in horror games.