Thread: Encounter with Doll in Silent Hill: Downpour

Encounter with Doll in Silent Hill: Downpour

I was playing Silent Hill: Downpour when I encountered this white monster as seen in the image. She was pale with blood on her clothes. I found her extremely scary when I was playing. Did anyone else find her scary? Does anyone else encountered with that monster?

Re: Encounter with Doll in Silent Hill: Downpour

This one enemy I got a really creepy feeling. The sound given to her is extremely scary, the scream sound actually sounds real. When I first saw her for the first time, I thought that it was a mannequin coming to life. Her body doesn’t have many features and her movements are very stiff. Even her body is white which makes me think if the blood on her body belongs to her or some other person she must have killed earlier. I didn’t like her very much but she was good addition in Silent Hill series.

I found the 2 mannequins near the pyramid more dangerous than the Doll in the plastic factory, the one which is shown in photo. They were more disturbing and scary looking than the doll. I don’t think that the doll monster belongs to the environment of Silent Hill: Downpour. I think the developers should have had experimented with the colors of the monster’s body. They all look same to me. After playing the game, I think that developers didn’t have any fixed concept while designing the monsters.

I liked the monster because the method needed to kill the monster was different. First we see the monster, but when we start the fight worth it, it becomes invisible. We need to search it with torch light. When it comes in range of focus of torch light, one needs to locate using the shadows she casts. Once located, fight her head on. That’s the only part of the quest I liked. She wasn’t quite interesting to be noticed.

From what I observed in the game, these monsters just look like feminine humans. But they lack almost all the minute details. The clothing looks like latex or plastic sheet tightly wrapped on her body. It has no nostrils for breathing. The hair looks like they have been stuck on the head with glue. She doesn’t have fingernail, navel, armpits and many more. I am surprised that where the blood comes from, she looks like plastic all over.