Thread: New pyramid head in Silent Hill: Downpour

New pyramid head in Silent Hill: Downpour

Hello friends, just do not knowing that what is been done with big hammer? I believe that it looks like something out of resident evil 5. It does not seem to be silent kill. I believe that it does not have some predictable meaning behind well it reminds about murphy when judge sentencing him. What does you think about it and if you have something else then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: New pyramid head in Silent Hill: Downpour

Well I have really thought about rest when watching it in the trailer then it looked extremely promising, but it was not at all hummer to see something like that in this game also. In an effort to stay positive and expect that it is just a single encounter. If that ends up being the only thing I don't like out of the game, then that's perfectly fine by me. I am prepared to hold off decision on this hammer fellow in hope of that I will have some context. Till now I know what it actually means, or what its role is within the story, I don't think I can write it off as "not silent hill".

I do not feel that the Hammer Man is the new pyramid head. Well I did not know, but I am belief the Vatra's done their homework and completed it in a new entity which would share a mold with pyramid head and also it will result in riots, angry mobs, supernovas, etc. Well the Hammer Man is mostly a onetime boss. I know I am an alternative on this, according to me, well what I have seen till now, The Hammer Man looks great. It sends chills up my spine thinking about that enormous hammer being swung around.

I think that Hammer Man is very much interesting. I am certainly thinking about Clock Tower when I see its outfit. The only thing that in fact bothers me is that buff prison guy strong boss thing. I do not like its design. The thing that bothers me the most with Downpour so far is the monster design, if you observe the making of Silent Hill 2 and also Silent Hill 3 the creatures were been planned to be misshapen aspect of a humans to bring the fear and the new sense of monster design that the older games had.

I definitely worried that might be one more Butcher on our hands. It's just too hard to recapture the sort of presence Pyramid Head had, and if it doesn’t work it's really going to fall flat. I have for all time felt that, in its place of trying to recapture the pyramid head factor by simply making one more usual impressive figure carries large weapon type thing; they should try something way different. When I first watched the art for Silent Hill 4 before it came out, I thought that perhaps the twin headed baby monster thing was going to be the Pyramid Head of that game and it could easily have been, too, but they dropped that ball for sure.

It appears that everybody is opposed to a thought of a creature that is not so a lot of a monster, but pretty a force. While this sledge guy is generic, we have no real idea if the monster is a reoccurring beast or some simple enemy. I am willing to give this game a chance, but I likely won't be buying it due to Skyrim being released near the same time frame. What trying to say is that possibly all of us need to review our concept of pyramid head rip off? Appear at The Butcher, yes movement wise he was a rip off, but actions and lore tell a unlike story than pyramid head.

I was under the thought that Anne was going to be the follower this time around. Well might have a female police officer finding Murphy down, getting in the way, and generally busting our balls. Even there will be some history between both of them, according to the trailer. Such that one person will be searching us and if we do not want a separate then manifestation doing the same thing. My guess is Hammer guy is either a onetime boss or part of one of the optional side quests. As to what he symbolizes, your guess is as good as mine.

sabis123 Guest

It sends chills up my spine thinking about that enormous hammer being swung around.

It’s just the fact that it has been done before and we don’t want it done again. So much can be done with the monsters in Silent hill, so many crazy designs and original ideas. I love pyramid head he is so ironic to the franchise but he should stay in silent hill 2 where he belongs. Come up with something entirely new and special to downpour don’t use the same concepts. I don’t want a big guy with a hammer or a big guy with a slightly different shaped head. Can you remember when you first meet pyramid head in the apartments an you think to yourself. We need that back to the franchise. I want this game to be great I really do I love silent hill but if this game sucks I’m going to refuse to buy another silent hill game unless it goes back to Japan.