Thread: Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Well having read some of the FAQ of this game I got to know that the retail cd key of this game cannot be registered through steam. So is this step taken to implement the region lock for this game or something else? If the developers are taking this step to make our retail version playable then I would be happy with it since I hardly use steam. I have read this part in the FAQ of the darkness II game and wanted to inform you all about the same. Well your version of this topic would be something different but I would be happy if we can participate in this discussion and have a talk about this.

ohmy Re: Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Chan View Post
    Well having read some of the FAQ of this game I got to know that the retail cd key of this game cannot be registered through steam. So is this step taken to implement the region lock for this game or something else? If the developers are taking this step to make our retail version playable then I would be happy with it since I hardly use steam. I have read this part in the FAQ of the darkness II game and wanted to inform you all about the same. Well your version of this topic would be something different but I would be happy if we can participate in this discussion and have a talk about this.
    I just don’t understand if I am not able to register the cd key through steam then how would I be able to play the game? I don’t understand? Have you read it properly or not.

Re: Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Dude steam is not the only way by which we can play the game we can play it by DVD as well. you can install it directly from the DVD.

I suppose you have brought only the serial key of the game and hence that’s the reason why you are asking questions like these, right?

ohmy Re: Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Dude steam is not the only way by which we can play the game we can play it by DVD as well. you can install it directly from the DVD.

I suppose you have brought only the serial key of the game and hence that’s the reason why you are asking questions like these, right?
    Stop asking stupid questions. That’s not the case at all. I hope your brains are in some correct place . I got the dvd of the game from amazon. What I am asking is how can I install the game from the dvd directly without steam? That’s what I am asking and stop judging questions on your own will.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    Stop asking stupid questions. That’s not the case at all. I hope your brains are in some correct place . I got the dvd of the game from amazon. What I am asking is how can I install the game from the dvd directly without steam? That’s what I am asking and stop judging questions on your own will.
    I am sorry about it. Well coming to the topic I have seen the steam page of retail cd keys from where the registration is done and I could not find the Darkness II game written over there. So with that we can easily say that registration is directly through DVD and for the registration to be done there would be some patches made available soon.

I am sorry about it. Well coming to the topic I have seen the steam page of retail cd keys from where the registration is done and I could not find the Darkness II game written over there. So with that we can easily say that registration is directly through DVD and for the registration to be done there would be some patches made available soon.
    No dude probably someone must have messed up with whatever FAQs you read about this game. By the way from which forums have you read this FAQ? I cant see anything about this anywhere, the game is a steamworks game and I should say that the game can be activated over the steam. There would be no patch made available at all.

I hope you have got what I am saying here and from next time stop spreading such unwanted rumors of this game. It is not good at all.

unsure Re: Retail CD keys of The Darkness II game cannot be registered through Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    No dude probably someone must have messed up with whatever FAQs you read about this game. By the way from which forums have you read this FAQ? I cant see anything about this anywhere, the game is a steamworks game and I should say that the game can be activated over the steam. There would be no patch made available at all.

I hope you have got what I am saying here and from next time stop spreading such unwanted rumors of this game. It is not good at all.
    Well I have read this from the steam support and hence I have come here to ask you all. Well I don’t know how much right in this. I just want to ask if there is anyone here who has activated this game with the help of steam?

I would be happy to hear it from you.

Well I have read this from the steam support and hence I have come here to ask you all. Well I don’t know how much right in this. I just want to ask if there is anyone here who has activated this game with the help of steam?

I would be happy to hear it from you.
    You know what I have installed this game as we are talking over here and registration is done with the steam itself and nowhere else.

If you have any queries about the game then you can contact the 2K support staff or the steam support staff and clear out the confusion. I hope that’s clear for you.