Thread: AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver is resulting in to BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City

AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver is resulting in to BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City

I have recently upgraded to AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver from 11.11 and now I am facing BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City, I was not having any such issues with the 11.11, I am quite sure that it is a driver issue as I have checked out the BSOD crash and it is referencing to ATI driver file or a DX file, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or the issue is just in my case before rolling back to11.11???

Re: AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver is resulting in to BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City

I have recently upgraded to AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver from 11.11 and now I am facing BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City, I was not having any such issues with the 11.11, I am quite sure that it is a driver issue as I have checked out the BSOD crash and it is referencing to ATI driver file or a DX file, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or the issue is just in my case before rolling back to11.11???
    I am having similar issues with the new release of AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver, in my case I had faced failures with 5970 as well as 7970's, it seems like a bug with the new drivers, I don’t think that there is anything that we can do to fix this out rather than rolling back to the current drivers, I have done the same and things are working fine now.

Re: AMD Catalyst 12.1 driver is resulting in to BSOD crash while playing Batman Arkham City

I just wanted to know the specification of your system, so that I can have a better idea of the whole scenario, I also wanted to add that the driver are said to be for 7xxx cards,As far as the BSODs is concerned I have found some mentioning that they are getting black screen but then I don’t think that this issue is just because of the drivers yet.

I am having the below system:
    • ASRock 990FX Extreme4
    • AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    • Kingston 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3 1333
    • XFX Radeon 6870 1GB Crossfire (I DO NOT RECOMMEND XFX TO OTHER USERS)
    • Silverstone 1000W PSU

I just wanted to know that what error code are you getting on the BSOD, I have faced the same issue and I was getting atixxx.sys BSOD while playing eyefinity, I am getting the same error for BF3 with the 12.1, I have not yet tried out the Arkham City, the crash in my case is occasionally so I have not yet rolled back to previous driver as I am hoping for a solution for this??? if anyone find a solution for this issue then please post it here, it will be very helpful.

The last bsod I remember was 0x50E which was referencing the ati driver files, by now I have faced 4 BSODs while playing Arkham City, I am not having the same issue for games like Warcraft 3, Crysis, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood etc, the first two bsod that I had faced were different and they were refrencing a directx file but then I have checked out for the same and have found a no of other people having the same issue and I am quite sure that this is because of some bug in the driver, as I have told earlier I had never faced bsod for all the games that I have mentioned above. I have sent my crash report to the amd but then they have not yet replied for the same, I will let you all know what they have to say about this.

I will like to inform you all that the ATI have came up with their official 12.2 drivers and they have solved out the crashing issue for Windows 7 as well as for Vista, so you all can try out the same and see if it is helping.
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite Version 12.2