Thread: System reboots while playing The Darkness II

System reboots while playing The Darkness II

In my computer I have downloaded and installed The Darkness II thought Steam and after installing the game in my computer when I start playing it at that time my computer restarts after intro video. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem is irritating for me. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: System reboots while playing The Darkness II

You should first post your computer configuration. With other installed game in your computer do you get this type of problem? You have to also change the compatibility mode of the The Darkness II game and then check whether same problem is occurring or not?

In my computer I have Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard and Nvidia GTX 560 graphic card. I have 4GB RAM. I have tried to solve this problem by running The Darkness II game in compatibility mode but after running the game in compatibility mode also I get same problem. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Which version of BIOS you have? I am also having Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard and as far as I know with beta bios f7h this problem will not occur. You have to download f7h BIOS file from internet and then you have to burn the bootable CD of it. Now with the help of that disc you have to update the BIOS in your computer and after updating the BIOS you have to start The Darkness II game and after starting the game you have to check whether your computer restarts or not?

You have to also make sure that you have latest graphic driver installed and direct X is also updated in your computer. If you need any more help then you let me know.

To download the latest BIOS file for your Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard you have to visit official site of the Gigabyte and after that you have to look for the GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard and the click on download option. Now download BIOS file from there

or

you can download BIOS file by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

I was also experiencing the same problem and I have solved that issue after updating the BIOS. Now while playing The Darkness II game in my computer some time I get green screen. I can see game menu but when I start playing game at that time I get green screen. What should I do to solve this problem? I have ATI graphic card in my computer.

I have read your problem and you have to open Catalyst Control center and after opening that go to the image quality option and then you have to set Antisotropic Filtering and Anti aliasing to Use Application Controls and after doing that your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Thank you for helping me. I have already try to solve this problem by setting Antisotropic Filtering and Anti aliasing to Use Application Controls but after doing that also when I start game at that time I get same problem. now after that I have also tried to fix this problem by reinstalling game but after reinstalling it also I get same problem . now what should I do to solve this issue?