Thread: The Darkness II is not loading completely

The Darkness II is not loading completely

I am having some problem with the The Darkness II. Actually the game is not loading at all. While I start the game then it loads the screen and stays in that stat only for ever until I hit a key/click. After that, this completely aborts the loading process. I have tried this a lot of time but all the times it does the same thing. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with this and how can I get this problem resolved?

Re: The Darkness II is not loading completely

Just go to the Catalyst control center and from there make sure that Anti-aliasing is set as Let Application decide. Don’t change anything else from there.

Yes, just check that there is some option with the help of which, you can fully disable Anti-Aliasing and not the option "let application decide". If it is having this option then you must try that. There are more chances that this will solve the problem for you. Other than this, you can also try by updating the graphic driver to the latest version as this can be one of the possible reason for this problem.

I have faced this problem earlier and this was because of the ZoneAlarm. Are you also having ZoneAlarm or some other similar Firewall software activated in your computer? If yes then that could be the reason for this. Just open the task manager and then see if this is running in your computer. If ISWSVC.exe is running then close this process and after that wait for a few seconds and then you can start with the game. I don’t think that you will get this problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    I have faced this problem earlier and this was because of the ZoneAlarm. Are you also having ZoneAlarm or some other similar Firewall software activated in your computer? If yes then that could be the reason for this. Just open the task manager and then see if this is running in your computer. If ISWSVC.exe is running then close this process and after that wait for a few seconds and then you can start with the game. I don’t think that you will get this problem again.
    I am also facing the same problem and wondering for some fix for this. This ending the process resolves the problem then also this will be temporary solution. I want some permanent solution for this.

Here is the fix for this problem. Just go to start and select run. In the box, type msconfig. This will open the config window with many tabs. Select the general tab and check that all three given below are marked or not. This must e marked to run the game without any problem.
    • Load system services
    • Load startup items
    • Use original boot configuration

If you have already updated the NVidia driver to the latest version an d still the problem is there then you can go to the NVidia control panel and from there add The Darkness II.exe and then "use NVidia GPU". If you do this then it will solve this problem. Other than this, you can also visit the NVidia control panel and verify that if The Darkness II.exe is having 2 instances. If it is having 2 instances, then make both of them to utilize your specific GPU and not the automatic GPU.

There is possibility that the system requirement of your computer is not fulfilling the minimum system requirement for the game and that is the reason that the game is not loading. So you must check for this as well.

Check if there are many application running in the background. Just check from the task manager and if this is the case then it will be better for you if you can just end the unnecessary processes.

Just check the game with the abgx360 and see if that is working or not. Just try with this and let me know the result.