Thread: XCOM is not similar to Original

XCOM is not similar to Original

Recently I have purchased XCOM. After playing this particular game I found that it did not seems to closer t to original. They had removed time units, ammo, bases, inventory management. However added health bars and some useless things in the game. the game is priced around $15 but it don’t deserves to have name XCOM which is not close to original any mean. Really disappointed with this particular game. it is not XCOM anymore. I could not understand that we want game which should have improved graphics as well as gameplay.

Re: XCOM is not similar to Original

Well I have played the original version of the game. however the current version of the game is not having the feeling of the original one. I did not liked the unrealistic movements of troops. i really disappointed with dumb armor and alien designs as well as retro-world theme. The actions happening in the game really slow and frustrating. I am not able to kill aliens in the game even after of couple of hits. Real time mode in the game made the game as turn-base mode which really disappointing.

I agree that design part of the game is not so great. However we can tell the developer of the game to make the changes in the game. the game has been already release so it pretty late to make changes game. but they can improve the game by releasing some exciting patches.

I really enjoyed xcom ufo defense after releasing of very first game. the game could be great in point of view of other gamers but it wont be as great as it was released in the game which came very first time. I know the current version of the game is quite great but there is need to do with geoscape. Earlier title of XCOM were really best but I used to play apoc again and again.

The main reason I wanted to play apoc is that earlier titles of XCOM giving me feeling that stepping away quite far. In the previous title there were lots of annoying things which I did not like at all. all those things were fixed in apoc such as inventory and load out on aircraft. There was options available for selections of aircraft types as well as tech tree in order to get them. you will be able to build up troops of yours and how ever you wanted to them and load them out into the game. you can also decide how your troops fight in the game. now current version of the game seems to having out of dated mechanics and it is really to update the same.

The latest version of the game is having turns but it is having streamlined TU into something more along with the lines of discrete action. I think it supposed to have game mechanics closer to the origiaal one. But it wont happened. However it is better than that of other generic FPS available in the market. I am hoping that the developer of the game release the next version of the game with the concept and mechanics of the original title.

I dislike to move every single man in the game when there is need of having more than one man at the single place. However the game system is good but it is not perfect. Turn Based system is not a outdated system. the Time Units seems to be the subset of every single turn which is divided. It is something similar to action-cost system in which every action you perform would have some specific cost or limitation. In strategy games you can have couple of actions for single unit and turn. Basically TU would have same number of actions. I think the developer of the game should make the graphics, engine and user interface of the game. that are the only things we are looking to have.

The mechanics which was used to make XCOM is getting disappearing. I looking to have good EXCOM and I would like to pay if they are going to provide good game. the current version of the game is not like what I was expecting. The look and feel of the game is good. I know that developer are likely to criticize if they are remaking a video game.

I was expecting that it would be running on Silent storm engine when it would get released. There were number of games who used the same formula implemented but they were was not able do well. The games like X-COM, Silent storm and Jagged alliance were done something really good. Time Units seems to be great if you are having lots of micromanaging of the units and abilities. The main thing you it would become bit tedious. You will need to rotate once and simply get the line of the target and get the required TU so that you can attack in the game. they have completed with utter control of the units. I was able to get the benefit of the new system introduced in the game. both the gaming systems are having their prons and cons as well.

TU offer in the game give an ability to player to perform a micromanage movement. Move action will give quick flow of the game.

Well I am looking to have the current version of game remake of original title. It should have more modern stuff , features and content in the game. but they developer of the game has not done the same. the only thing which I liked the graphics rest of the things are really disappointing.