Thread: Thought about new XCOM game

Thought about new XCOM game

Hello friends, well after looking the recent trailer of the new xcom enemy unknown feels really great to watch it. Whereas I have already played plenty of the game till now and especially I love the gollops games from rebelstar with the humble 8 bit to laser squad through the whole xcom series to become one of the best strategy game ever made, it was the xcom apocalypse, according to me. I know most of the people have gone through the trailers of it, but wanted to know the thoughts about it. Please do share with me, thank you.

Re: Thought about new XCOM game

Well let me tell you that I always believe that it was it biggest mistake for the gallops to sell the xcom license to the microprose. I really do not think that they have even been half the positional of what it could have been done to make it a multi million pound business as the call of duty franchise have done it. the best part in the 15 years is that the xcom license has been left to gather dust in a cold dark corner till the time there was another strategy legend sid meier who was having the good foresight to buy a great brand which everyone have thought it was dead and it has been turn it to the brand and also it might be the first time round.

Well the Xcom is the classic and plenty of the people believe that it should not mess with the classic. Most of the time this point is true, which thing which excites me is that xcom is going back to its roots, so it will be a turn based strategy game which will be having lots of new twists and turns and also it will be updated graphics to match the machines of present time. Really believe that this game is just first page of it and there are many chapters which seem to be coming in a new line of xcom games. If there are any mistakes then it will be made on the ways, but I think that there will be plenty of the exciting stuff which will also be introduced on the journey.

I have also played many games, one thing which I have learned, is that developer do not always get it right first time but good franchises learn from their mistakes and make it proper in the next one. Even also the good software always listen to their fan base and I do know that they are always open to ideas and formats which are been put to them. I would suggest that people should look at first chapter of game. I also believe that there are some of the more chapters are to come and with all good books.

I really do not agree with the above users, as I do not disbelief with the xcom:eu, well they could turn out to be a great game, but if they are attempting to pull towards the xcom fans according to me what they are trying to doing it. So they require giving reason for why they deserve support of the fans. The xcom franchises have previously done all these iterations and have developed quite a bit. And in spite of the frequent attempts to prove to us the new game is just what we need, there is no much action which supports it.

If we be supposed to shore up the xcom franchise by blindly support for any follow-up, then completely not. If we always do this, the reasonable path for any developer or publisher would be to avoid that what we desire and try to change the game to appeal new players. Whereas the games such as Advanced Wars/Rebel Star/Laser Squad have shown that the old turn based game which still can be profitable and also can gain some of the new players on their own merits not ditching the core mechanism of the gamers and developer and publisher need to have a push in that direction by their customers in the market place.

Let me tell you that I am biggest fan of X-com, from 1994. The reason of purchasing this game is that it looks bloody fantastic which is very much enough for me. I would also like to pick this one also if it was Xcom or not, the fact is that Xcom just puts the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
    Let me tell you that I am biggest fan of X-com, from 1994. The reason of purchasing this game is that it looks bloody fantastic which is very much enough for me. I would also like to pick this one also if it was Xcom or not, the fact is that Xcom just puts the icing on the cake.
    Even I also agree with that point, I believe that game might be good and will be eventually picking it up, but the points of the above user are parallel to my thinking. If I have purchased and enjoyed Fallout 3 then I would be finding it insulting that they consider it to be a sequel to the Fallout series. With any other name I most likely would not have given it that much thought and I really enjoyed it what it has delivered. I am still now waiting for the Fallout 3. According to me that once this game is been out then will be waiting for the next X-com.

Agreed, well I am having some reservations regarding some of the design choices, but I still believe it's shaping up to be an excellent product. Many of you have voiced your concerns with the re imagining of the series, but grievances aside at least Firaxis are creating a turn based tactical combat game that at least try to retain the spirit of the series which is better than the 2k Marin abomination that was initially revealed.