Thread: Unable to hit in MLB 2K12

Unable to hit in MLB 2K12

I played very first game in the franchise mode. I was facing Dbacks. He pitched but there was no hitter through the 9 2/3 innings. Lincecum was also dealing but he was not able to score as well. He is at 16th inning and managed to hit couple of times only. The difficulty level is set to Pro and right now I am using stick. I could not find out why I am not able to hit the ball. I don’t if I am doing something wrong while playing the game. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to hit in MLB 2K12

I completed first month in the franchise. I scored total 17 runs in the 23 games where other team scored only 7 runs in 23 games. it seems to be serious associated with the game and it was not happen in any of the past game. I set the contact as well as power to 100 but still I was not able to do anything in the game.

This particular game is relies on sabermetrics and less associated with randomness and realism. However you can have more diversity on the table.

Well I am suspecting that new hit system introduced in the game is failed. Line drives are right at the people and due to that it seems to impossible to score in the game. I could not get the reason why I am not able to score, even same thing is happening with AI as well. Though both are having contact and power of 100. When the ball is pitched away and I use L stick then I could not get the appropriate results in the game. I am really disappointed with this particular issue and I wanted to draw the attention of the developer on it and I hope they will take some firm action resolve the same.

The contact wait should be longer before you swing in the game. mostly I used to be ahead on the pitch. If you are behind of the pitch then opposite thing would be true. You have to press by using right stick when you are trying to hit contact. I am not aware of that you can use left stick for the direction.

When you are using power and you should hold right stick down until you are supposed to ready to swing when you press Fast. Make sure that you should not go away from the pitch.

Well you should play a totally new game and simply try to tire to the other pitcher out. You should make use of defensive swing in order to foul some pitches. Especially when you are behind of some player. You should not become aggressive till you managed to get good count. You should keep your player in hot/cold zones in the mind. You can get a pop up on the screen if you timed badly. I don’t know whether there is change in the timer. Also you should learn the hitting technique thoroughly in the game. I do agree that the developer of the game has done little bit changes in the batting scenario. You should have enough amount of patients to do well in the game. you can also use direct hit and get around of the ball. If you don’t wanted to use the same then you should not use Ls at all. you should allow the ball to enter deeply in the zone so that you can have better contact.

People are saying that hitting really bad in MLB 2K12. But I don’t agree with them instead I recommend that you should play the game as real payer and have some patients. Also see the accuracy of working of R stick. The accurate movement of R stick makes big difference in the shot play. it would make the difference in line-drives, grounders, pop-ups, or homers. If you are using old controller then alignment supposed to be off and it could affect how accurately you are playing the game. L stick does not make any difference in the situation.

I think there is an issue with the game itself and we should contact the developer of the game and tell them about the problem which you are getting. the developer will work on the same and release the patch which you will require to download and install the same.