Thread: How does pitching work in MLB 2K12?

How does pitching work in MLB 2K12?

I recently started to play MLB 2K12 on my gaming console. can you tell me how exactly pitching is working in the game? so far I played six games but I got max pitch in the game. personally I am having great gestures as well as pinpointing quite accurately in almost all of the situation. tell me whether the things such as gestures and pinpoints are based on pitcher ratings. It seems to be really frustrating when balls are ending over all the place in the game. I can understand pitchers would have different type of accuracy but players in this particular game should be more accurate. If you are having any valuable comments then let me know about the same as early as possible.

Re: How does pitching work in MLB 2K12?

The entire thing is dependent on pitcher ratings. Better pitcher rating you have and more will be the accuracy while making changes in throwing. You will also get better change of the throwing in the maximum pitches. The word max is associated with maximum velocity.

In case pitchers pitch ratings are low though you are accurate on gestures. Also location could be off. Particularly there would be more fatigued and in case they are rattled because of low composure rating and there would be more base runners and it would give lots of runs. The most important thing is that you should be accurate with the gesture of yours. more power you will use while pitching there would be greater chance of location should be off. If you have done with the correct gestures as you are supposed to throwing harder in the game.

Ok I got the idea after looking on the information provided above. Can you tell me if I am having lower rated player then will may player get the max velocity? Or velocity will vary between max and weak?

You will be able to go for Max velocity if you really like to do the same. however you have to take care of the thing that lower the ratings of your players it would simply affect the location of the pitch.
    Below mentioned points can also make big difference in the situation.
    • lower stamina
    • control
    • composure

also I have noticed that players ratings are getting down from last year and it could play major role in the game.

I played the game for couple of time and drafted the team of mine from the scratch and managed to won 4-1. The starter of mine went to 8th. The starter of mine on ERA in low 3s from last year. setup man was having 35 hold from the last year and done really well with Wilson. In case I get into #4 or #5 at the starting then the pitch location would be quite different in the game.