Thread: The Darkness II game stretches a lot on a 4:3 monitor

The Darkness II game stretches a lot on a 4:3 monitor

I know most of the people today are having widescreen display in their system. So what I am saying is when I started playing the game on a 4:3 monitor the screen is looking quite stretched up and I don’t understand why is this happening? Well frankly speaking this is the first pc game that I am seeing which is behaving in a very weird manner. I just want to get rid of the problems like these, so please come up with solutions. I am waiting for your reply.

sad re: The Darkness II game stretches a lot on a 4:3 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    I know most of the people today are having widescreen display in their system. So what I am saying is when I started playing the game on a 4:3 monitor the screen is looking quite stretched up and I don’t understand why is this happening? Well frankly speaking this is the first pc game that I am seeing which is behaving in a very weird manner. I just want to get rid of the problems like these, so please come up with solutions. I am waiting for your reply.
    Dude glad that you made a thread on this even I was going to make a similar thread on the same. well I am having the same problem, woit the 16:9 monitor. I just don’t understand what the developers are doing to get rid of the problems like these.

I did called up some of my friends who had brought the game and they are saying that they are facing some problem in the display especially the game just stretches out while playing. Any fix or any patch that has come for this game? I want to know about it.

re: The Darkness II game stretches a lot on a 4:3 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Dude glad that you made a thread on this even I was going to make a similar thread on the same. well I am having the same problem, woit the 16:9 monitor. I just don’t understand what the developers are doing to get rid of the problems like these.

I did called up some of my friends who had brought the game and they are saying that they are facing some problem in the display especially the game just stretches out while playing. Any fix or any patch that has come for this game? I want to know about it.
    Don’t worry there would be a fix for this as soon as possible but before that you tell me the screen resolution that you have set in the screen. Will get some idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by DevenderD View Post
    Don’t worry there would be a fix for this as soon as possible but before that you tell me the screen resolution that you have set in the screen. Will get some idea then.
    It’s the Native Resolution 1680x1050. Well I have played games like alice madness and Battlefield 3 in the same PC having same resolution and same specs but I did not face any kind of problems like these, then why I am getting to see the problem over here, that’s what I am wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    It’s the Native Resolution 1680x1050. Well I have played games like alice madness and Battlefield 3 in the same PC having same resolution and same specs but I did not face any kind of problems like these, then why I am getting to see the problem over here, that’s what I am wondering?
    Ok the resolution is proper no doubt about that and 4:3 monitors and 16:9 monitors are quite popular these days. So don’t understand why this is not working anyways there should be a patch out soon for the problem like these. You do one thing report this problem with the developers and tell them about the problem that you are facing. I am sure the developers and the publishers would be looking into this problem.