Thread: EA lacking a bit in originality for Sims 3 Showtime

EA lacking a bit in originality for Sims 3 Showtime

Hello friends, well today I was showing the fairy statue to one of my friends then he has pointed out that it was something which is exact replica of a picture of the CD cover for Nightwish band. Below are the images which are showing it, the difference in both of the image is the wings, beside the rest is the same, so due to which there is not originality in the game. This was not at all expected from the EA to do all this. What you people have to say after looking it. Thank you.

Re: EA lacking a bit in originality for Sims 3 Showtime

Well I do not think that it might be the question whether it is original or not. I think that they wanted to give a shout out to the band. Even there are plenty of the things which are been same with something or another in the game. So if you are blaming due to that then I do not think that it is the proper and good point to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakradevroy View Post
    Well I do not think that it might be the question whether it is original or not. I think that they wanted to give a shout out to the band. Even there are plenty of the things which are been same with something or another in the game. So if you are blaming due to that then I do not think that it is the proper and good point to discuss.
    Yes I do agree with it, well when you are been visiting the Champs Les Sims, which is there in the cemetery then there is been fancy headstone which is having Tim Doorson name on it which is the spoof of Jim Morrison from the Doors. Well will be getting plenty of the things which are been copied from the reality and just added to virtual world.

If they are thinking to shoot out the Nightwish then it will be really nice, as I love the Nightwish. On the other hand that the image which is there is not be the original idea of Nightwish's in any way. Well the original sculpture was the "Angel of Grief", which was been created by William Wetmore Story in 1894 and it was been marks the grave of him and his wife in Rome. It was been the powerful symbol of grief and it has been replicated many of times. So there is nothing new, so according to Nightwish they have also copy it from somewhere.

The Sim series liked the Easter eggs and I have acknowledged that the inspiration for the statue right away, it is not the album cover; well I am not knowing anything about it. Whereas I been kind of used to little allusions like that later than playing these games for over 10 years and it is a pretty statue anyway and also it is nice that they have added it but in some different way.

It's a pretty famous statue. I love NW, but it wasn't their idea. Lots of other bands have used it on their covers, too. It's the headstone for Emelyn Story, the wife of a famous sculptor. It's called the Angel of Grief, to symbolize his grief at her death. He died soon after.