Thread: XCOM Game Texture

XCOM Game Texture

I have noticed that all of the modern games are lacking one crucial element which we all loved regarding some classics and that is the texture. By the word texture, I mean to say the homogenized experience. This is something which is having rough edges. While you spend the primary turn of an original X-com battle exiting the Skyranger and a rookie encountered the reaction-sniped to death, by no chance to even acquire to cover. That adds the texture. Some people might feel that it will make the game un-winnable but this is not true. It will provide you the feeling that things might go south at any time. You can even not make out the alien who fired the plasma bolt as well as killed the guy.

Re: XCOM Game Texture

You might make the base that should not give much thought or the layout, this will just be invaded later within the game. You suddenly feel that when you were making the base, you were also making a base defense combat map. This is very nice texture. This gives personal feeling because now you are protecting your base.

Adding texture is very important topic to put forward but other than this what first strikes me is that the two-dimensional levels are completely replaced by a 3D world. XCOM: Enemy Unknown has a more mature appearance received with rather dark environments and realistic designs. The original levels with almost comical soldiers and aliens are not present so it may not immediately reminiscent of an XCOM game. It is not something the fans will appreciate but it does ensure that the game fits in well with the style of today's games.

Within the original game if you have purchased few soldiers on the skyranger then you will find that the combat maps are smaller. This is very nicely implemented but very few people notice this. It would be better if they have preserved this concept and then incorporated that into the new game and you will be able to play the GI Joes and have 4 dudes vs the world, if you need.

I can say that the Texture is the concept for variability for challenging. The worst part is that the soldiers go into XCOM permanent death. This means that the next mission they are no longer useful and never return. This is the only thing that I do not liked about the game and all the other things are well managed.

XCOM is something more than just shoot and hide. Environments inspired by destroy so-called dynamic missions and creates more depth at the tactical level. . The destruction in levels is clear. Shot broken walls and fallen trees provide less protection than objects that are still standing. The dynamic missions are a little fuzzier. Thus, the levels are all pre-designed, but the sequence of random missions and it is not certain what levels you unlock. In two sessions you will play according to the developers multiple times against the same level. This is the preparation of a mission and more difficult but it keeps you sharp. You never know in what situation your soldiers arrive and it will not always turn out well. XCOM is known for its unforgiving gameplay and penalizes bad play just like a retro game.

Now time is changed and so there is improvement in the design and tech. No game will try to provide you the poor design or instant death mechanics. This is your responsibility to learn and adapt with the new things.

I really hate to install the map mods all the times so that we can expand a map library. Map layouts which are hand-designed within tactical games be likely to be very paintball for liking, where the setup all the times tries to be "fair" but installing mods constantly is really a frustration.

I think that there is no further modification needed in the game. I am happy with the way they have made it. Though there are a few bugs in the game but those are very small so we can just neglect that. I am sure that those small bugs will be resolved soon with the update from the developer.