Thread: The Sims 3 Showtime Clone warning

The Sims 3 Showtime Clone warning

Is there someone else who have noticed that there are a lot of cloned sims within the game. I am having 7 variations of this work colleague as 'Stranger' within my friends list. Sims partner is having 10 variations of her listed Friend. I got that the 12 variations for the Sim are split between both the friend lists of the sims. This might lag the game and so it is very important to pay attention to that.

Re: The Sims 3 Showtime Clone warning

I would like to tell you that the game spawns townies while the population is running low and it and it pulls them outside the Sim bin. I have had two of the identical couple running about my town before.

If you are having mod for helping friends then this will require to be updated for the showtime and this is the reason which is causing the problem for you. I think that it will be better for you if you can check for the mod creator as this is seem to be the source for the issue.

Many people don’t know that EA story progression clones Sims as of the Sim Bin and this is done always. Perhaps Starlight Shores is having a lesser population starting out and this is the reason that there are many of the Sims which is required to be recruited? That would make the system stand out more.

The best solution for you is to make use of the NRaas StoryProgression mod. NRaas StoryProgression mod is nothing but the replacement for the EA's StoryProgression and this is very much stable as compared to the EA’s. For an example: rather than cloning Sims, it draws only the genetics for new Sims as of the Sim Bin.

I was also having the same problem earlier but now I am having no problem like this. What I did is, created the sim in CAS and after that moved them to town. Once the sims are moved then I deleted them from the bin and so there is no question of getting the clones again.

I have not seen this personally but one thing that I want to share here is that I play the game by keeping the EA's story progression turned off. I make them off because I think that it does nothing and so there is no sense to make them turned on. I am not sure but there is possibility that keeping that turned on has to something with the cloning as you have mentioned. So if you are having the EA's story progression on then turn it off and see if you are getting the clones again. If this is because of the EA's story progression then this time you will not have problem like this.

I really don’t know that what is the reason for the problem but I really hope that this problem will be resolved after the patch update.

There is Voucher for a clone of your Sim, which can be redeemed in science laboratory to create an image of your Sim, which is then added to the childhood of your family. These potions have no less spectacular effects than the drinker's lifetime rewards. All potions can also be mixed in a glass with water to these unsuspecting Sims, who accidentally discovered while enjoying the effect.

I am unsure however there's risk that keeping that turned on has got to one thing with the cloning as you've got mentioned. Thus if you're having the EA's story progression on the flip it off and see if you're obtaining the clones once more.