Thread: The Sims 3 Showtime freezing

The Sims 3 Showtime freezing

recently I have updated the game with latest version of patch. After doing that game started to freezing frequently. Due to this particular problem I am pretty disappointed. I could not figure out what is wrong happening? If you are having any useful information then let me know as early as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: The Sims 3 Showtime freezing

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following solution.
    • You should try to enable 3D settings in Nvidia Control Panel.
    • use openGL spec in conformant texture clamp
    • force mipmaps should be trilinear
    • click on texture filtering and click on trilinear optimization and Make it turn on.
    • Finally turn on VSync.

You should lower down all the graphic settings and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. after lower downing the graphic setting you should run the game into windowed mode rather than that of fullscreen. Also you should disable advanced rendering.

After going through the problem of yours I am suggesting following steps.

• Click on Start button and right click on Computer.
    • Click on Properties.
    • From System click on Tasks and click on Advanced system settings. You should logged in as administrator of the computer.
    • You have to click on System Properties and click on Advanced and go for Performance.
    • Now click on Settings. After doing that you will get Performance Options.
    • Click on Data Execution Prevention and Choose ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’ . click on Add... button located at the bottom of the page.
    • You have to browse to the folder where you have installed the latest version of EP.

Tell me whether you have installed any mod in the game? if so then I recommend that you should backup them from (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\ to The Sims 3. Now you should remove (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\. Now try to launch the game on your computer and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.

I noticed many times that back ground process running on the computer interfere with execution of the game. in such situation we need to clean boot our system to find out the process which is causing issue. once you got the culprit you should simply disable the same and try to play the game. another thing which I wanted to tell you that you should disable the antivirus program on your computer in case you have installed any. If it resolve the issue then configure the antivirus in a manner that it could not interfere with the game when you are going to play.

You might need to remove the cache files from the game.
    You have to move to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and look for below mentioned files.
    • simCompositorCache.package
    • compositorCache.package
    • scriptCache.package
    • CASPartCache.package

Delete above mentioned files.
    Restart game, above mentioned files would be automatically recreated.

Make sure that you have installed latest version of graphic card and direct installed on your system. you can get the same from the official website.