Thread: Stacking supports supersampling on the PC?

Stacking supports supersampling on the PC?

Hello friends, just wanted to know that the Stacking is been supporting the supersampling on the PC or not. Just came to hear that it been supporting with the PC, I do not know that it is true or not. Does anyone is know anything about it. Then please let me also know about it and if you have work with it then I would like to see some of the screenshot of it, so do also upload those for me. Thank you.

Re: Stacking supports supersampling on the PC?

If you are asking about the Stacking supports supersampling, then let me tell you that it is been supporting on PC. If you wanted to work it out then start the game with the following two command line options
    • ssaa2x
    • ssaa4x

It is been for the 2X and 4X respectively. If you wanted to set the command line options on the Steam then you right click on the Stacking which is there in your games list and in that select the Set Launch Options, after selecting it then you type -ssaa2x or -ssaa4x. Even you wanted to work on Costume Quest then it is been the same thing and if you are trying on Costume Quest then there is need of the fast GPU for supersampling to run at a decent frame rate, so better make sure before running it.

I have tried it and below are the links of the screenshots which taken after the entering those command line options, so can have look on it. Well if you are trying to doing to do it then 4XSSAA and it really looks lovely with it. Set everything to the maximum and also turn off the Vsync. Wanted to tell that there is been lot of input lag, if you are using good settings then also you might be getting it. But the developer say that it is not really input lag so much as just lag and saying that engine is been designed to run at no more than 30fps and due to which you are experiencing what you are getting at the present. If you have Team Fortress 2 with more than 120fps then it will be weird/crap to you and also for others.

Having a big question about the game that it is been really locked at the 30 FPS or not? If it is been locked then I cannot play with it, whereas I am used with the 120Hz monitor and when playing it then there is lack of the input lag and it is when it is running at the 60 or 30 FPS which is been locked in the game, this is the reason which it adds the input lag. I also believe that it might be due to the way games poll for mouse input when the frame buffer flips or might be something else, cannot say anything at present. Does anyone anything about it.

Well if you wanted to have the truly variable performance then developer is having little option for that. All of the options are been straightforward, but that is been taking some amount of time and also money for it and that is because as they will be touching the fundamental assumptions the engine makes. If you required to have variable rate sim like Pnauts then it might require to have fixing up tons of places which bake in the assumption of 30 Hz and also some of the special treatment code around physics due to which it does not explode when the framerate fluctuates wildly. Even you can add the render interpolation, where the renderer already runs independently of the main game, but the developer told that they can keep the main game at 30 Hz but run the renderer at a variable rate. Lot of the RTS games have taken this step but wanted to see the actual benefit then you might to add a lot of code that can interpolate between different frames of game data. It is been one of the straightforward step but the renderer is already a complex beast and also the Render interpolation can hurt if you are running it at or below 30fps.

I would suggest that the developer should Re-render the old frames, as the dirtiest approach is to re-render the same frame multiple times. If they are working on this then it will look more than 30 fps if measuring on the fraps, but that will be something as you gets duplicates of the same frame and it is not more than a cosmetic/PR.

Cannot play it then as I am so used to my 120Hz monitor and the lack of input lag when games run on it, that using 60 or even 30 FPS locked games, as now put in a whack of input lag. I think it's presently due to the way games poll for mouse input when the frame buffer flips.