Thread: How to fix The Sims 3 Showtime Crashing

How to fix The Sims 3 Showtime Crashing

There is a bit issue with Sims 3 here. I am quiet annoyed with that. The game closes without warning or just freezes and after that I am getting a Error Code 12. I am not able to understand why I am getting this error. It only started appearing after I had done with installation of Showtime DLC pack. It has affected my old game setup also. I had uninstalled the DLC and still getting the same error. How to get rid of the same.

Re: How to fix The Sims 3 Showtime Crashing

First of all make sure your system requirements is enough to play Sims 3 Showtime. This minimum system requirement of this game:

FOR WINDOWS XP
    • 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    • 1 GB RAM
    • 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    • The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
    • Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    • At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
    Windows Vista / 7
    • 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    • 1.5 GB RAM
    • 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
    • At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
    OS X
    • Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
    • Intel Core Duo Processor
    • 2 GB RAM
    • ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.
    • This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.

Re-install the pack back again. There can be some issue with the files which is causing the issue. Just re-install the game back again and then you can try configuring compatibility settings on the same. This would be enough to fix the issue. Rightclick on the game icon and choose Properties. Go in the compatibility section and from there choose a older OS. Then start the game back again. If this does not work then re-install the game back.

When you re-install the game you might loose all the save games files from the same. Due to which you are getting the issue. First backup that and then only go ahead with complete setup. The second thing you can do is simply turn on DEP for all programs. You can find that in the Performance Settings. Go in the same and checkout for DEP. Enable the same and reboot your pc. And then check back.

This might be issue with video driver. Whichever video card you are using you have to install fresh drivers for the same. There can be NVIDA or ATI drviers which are causing the issue. You have to find the latest driver update for the same and use that on your system. It will be enough to fix the issue. I do not think you really need to remove the game. Just update drivers once and test back.

If above all solution not working to solve your issue and then I would like to suggest you to try below things and then let me know:
    • Set your graphics options to 'Low'
    • Run The Sims 3 in Windowed Mode
    • Lower your game's resolution
    • Lower your monitor's resolution
    • I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

hello every time when i install a new EP or SP i have to add it to my list of exceptions under the DEP tab and this is very frustrating. i have downloaded the game and navigated to EP from the Origin folder instead of the EA folder but after that also i am getting the same issue.

its was the mobs for me so i took them all out and game works fine so i put them back one by one and found that it was the NRaas_MasterController.package that was making mine crash so just cut and paste all your mods to your desktop and start the game if it play then make shor you don't have the above mod if you don't have the above mod then put them back one by one and see hope this helped

sad Re: How to fix The Sims 3 Showtime Crashing

I would like to know why its automatically assumed that its a computer problem when there are a TON of people having issues with showtime. I never once had a problem with my game until showtime. And my laptop is top of the line...but showtime constantly freezes then crashes. and i know its not my pc. i have every expansion pack in existence...no issue till now.