Thread: Is it possible to play vessel game without QWERTY KEYBOARD?

Is it possible to play vessel game without QWERTY KEYBOARD?

Hello friends, I am playing the vessel demo game with azerty keyboard, I think that we cannot change the keyboard mapping, so just wanted to know that it is possible to play game without QWERTY keyboard, where I have played the starting level with help of the arrow besides using WASD keys, which is ZQSD on an azerty, but at some point of the game there is need of mouse along with arrow or WASD, with the space bar and special command. I am only having two hands. Is there any method or any configuration file by which I can change the keyboard mapping can you please tell me about it? Thank you.

Re: Is it possible to play vessel game without QWERTY KEYBOARD?

Well it is really bad for the people who are left handed. Well I mostly play the game with the keypad when one cannot jump or use the seed with the arrow keys then it is totally useless. If I would have to tell then would say that game is unplayable for me. Well with all the PC games, I really do not care that how indie or corporate they are and they should allow the users to customize the controls and it seems to be the simplest thing in the world according to me and cannot understand that such companies do not allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oye! View Post
    Hello friends, I am playing the vessel demo game with the azerty keyboard, I think that we cannot change the keyboard mapping, so just wanted to know that it is possible to play the game without the QWERTY keyboard, where I have played the starting level with the help of the arrow besides using the WASD keys, which is the ZQSD on an azerty, but at some point of the game there is need of the mouse along with arrow or WASD, with the space bar and special command. I am only having two hands. Is there any method or any configuration file by which I can change the keyboard mapping can you please tell me about it? Thank you.
    Well for that you can go into the language settings and change it to QWERTY for time being and play the game comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by DougWison View Post
    Well it is really bad for the people who are left handed. Well I mostly play the game with the keypad when one cannot jump or use the seed with the arrow keys then it is totally useless. If I would have to tell then would say that game is unplayable for me. Well with all the PC games, I really do not care that how indie or corporate they are and they should allow the users to customize the controls and it seems to be the simplest thing in the world according to me and cannot understand that such companies do not allow it.
    I just wanted to say that you can use the mouse with your right hand. I also agree with you that the game should have allowed for different key bindings but it be some sort of the hardware issue, which might be the mouse only functions and it will be very much difficult to swap your mouse to the right hand side and play. Well the hand dominance is not being the big crutch as long as the game going on. Well the right handed people have to do many things on the keyboards as on moving and hitting key bound keys which is the biggest problem for the hand dominance is hand eye coordination so I can see how the mouse might be a little tougher.

I believe that the qwerty keyboards are been the most of the common keyboards, then also why does people using the azerty keyboard, well most of the time I think that why they didn’t remade keyboards into abcdef keyboards as the pc was been introduced by the way the game place very nice on a gamepad so you might try that.

Well let me add that there are many of the language-specific keyboard layouts and also there are plenty of the players who do not play with the "WSAD". It is really sad that the all the latest games are not allowing that function and it is not only with the Indie titles but also with the AAA titles too. Whereas I was playing the Alan Wake then I was not having sort of problem with the keyboard and also with the Max Payne, but the Battlefield 3 in which the QTE needs the R key, and in the Dead Space were not able to blind move to arrow keys, then also I was continuing playing or would just copy the AutoHotkey scripts. Even wanted to tell that the gamepad support does not work well with it, I am not able to aim with Logitech Cordless Wingman and X360 application is not working properly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    I just wanted to say that you can use the mouse with your right hand. I also agree with you that the game should have allowed for different key bindings but it be some sort of the hardware issue, which might be the mouse only functions and it will be very much difficult to swap your mouse to the right hand side and play. Well the hand dominance is not being the big crutch as long as the game going on. Well the right handed people have to do many things on the keyboards as on moving and hitting key bound keys which is the biggest problem for the hand dominance is hand eye coordination so I can see how the mouse might be a little tougher.
    I would have learn to use the mouse by right hand and also I am able to learn to play with the feet also which is seems to be little hard. But then why should have gone for this game. It is really hard to remap the keys and also it is only the text/ini file to edit. And also I have heard that the developer told that game is not working well on the azerty keyboard and they will be putting the method to remap the keys and it is will be available in the patch. Till that time try the gamepad if it is suitable for all.

Wanted to tell that the windows allow changing your keyboard layout to QWERTY or whichever you wanted to have and which is very much enough for this game. Whereas it is been inconvenient it is not impossible to overcome, if any one really wanted to play the game. I really do not know why the developer uses the key codes, they should use the scan codes and the windows are giving you both. The scan codes are been bound to the position on the keyboard and the key codes are bound to the language and keyboard layout. If you asking the windows about the key code then it is currently bound to a certain scan code and same the reverse. If you ate not providing the mapping input then at least use scan codes instead of key codes to provide language independent input.

I believe that speaking French features are been pretty highly in people’s use of Azerty and think that your keyboard layout mostly depends on what country you live in. Even amongst QWERTY keyboards the positioning of various symbols varies from country to country.