Thread: How to use downloaded Mass Effect 2 saves in Mass effect 3

How to use downloaded Mass Effect 2 saves in Mass effect 3

I had played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 previously. Now when I got Mass Effect 3 and wanted to import my save files from Mass Effect 2, it did not accept it. The game manual says one can start game with Shepard created in previous game. Has anyone been successful in continuing with old character? Can someone help me with it?

Re: How to use downloaded Mass Effect 2 saves in Mass effect 3

It was declared many days ago that one can import the character from Mass Effect 2 along with the crew that was assembled. Also one can pass on the abilities acquired and also the decisions that will bring the change in gameplay of Mass effect 3. Mass effect 2 had many events where a player’s decision can change the gameplay.

Developers said that the higher the level of character in beginning of game, the higher chances will be of getting bonuses, cash and crafting material. If a player has missed some mission in Mass Effect 2 due to decision he took or wants to change some decision that will benefit him/her in Mass Effect 3, the one doesn’t need to ply Mass Effect 2 all over again. BioWare has made available all the missions of available on their website for download. One can download desired event and change decision for its result to take place in Mass Effect 3.

If at the end of Mass Effect 2 character is dead, then Mass Effect 3 will not accept the saved files. You will have to create a new Shepard and acquire abilities, resources and crew from the scratch. As mentioned in above comment. You can download saved files from BioWare’s website. You can select the last mission; complete it again with Shepard alive. Then you can import the character in Mass Effect 3 and get old stats back.

I have my Shepard alive in end of Mass Effect 2. So I tried importing my saved games in mass Effect 3. But it was not successful. I have my saved games at My Documents/BioWare/Mass Effect 2/Save. The files in this folder are by extension .sav. But when I try to import this .sav files in Mass Effect 3, it just doesn’t accept it.

Just copying the .sav files won’t import your character and it’s other attributes from Mass Effect 2. You will find a profile folder in the same location in format Rex_31_Soldier_060310. The format is like, First name-Psych History-Class-Date of creation. You need to copy file from this folder too. Now you will have your Shepard from Mass Effect2 in Mass Effect 3. There also is .prf file in the folder. Importing it in Mass Effect 3 will also import your old profile details.