Thread: Mass Effect 3 config tool detect only 1 Core

Mass Effect 3 config tool detect only 1 Core

so here is the thing , I have AMD FX-8120 "Eight-core-processor but the The Mass Effect 3 config tool v1.03 detect only 1 core . and I have plenty more . I am not sure that wqill have any effect on the game performance wise . I have just preordered the game and wish that it doesn't only use 1 Core. I have came across the article that mention that Mass Effect 3 won’t work optimally on a PC which has the single-core CPU . so what do you guys here know about this I will be appreciate if any one here can tell me the fact on this issue

thanks in advance

Re: Mass Effect 3 config tool detect only 1 Core

I guess there might be bug in the config tool as it also detecting the one core with the AMD X6 aand I have no problem running this game(demo) on my pc . so I guess it is using the more than one core however just doesn't show them properly.

The fact that the AMD FX 8150 – 8120 are highly clocked and there are possibility that you can play Mass Effect 3 just okay.

I believe there’s as well a possibility that finished code (demo is previous code) detect new AMD chips properly.

It's also possible to do fews tweaks about how your CPU come into view to Operating System and applications.

Well I have used the Config tool that is available with the preload edition Of Mass Effect 3 downloaded through Origin. And tyeh version history says that the demo and the final version of Config tool will be same . so it is been said before that it worked fine with the demo . I am thinking that this is just the display Bug . I know that with the overclocking so just in case it doesn't work . I can teaks few thing here and there

I guess this is not that big deal there are lot of game that is using the one core. And if it is developed good then it will use the GPU too much. So I don’t think that will be any issue in case of the battle field

Well I think that the demo code will be varies a lot from the retail code . It's customary that they make use of previous codes for Demos or else Betas . there are numbers on the tool which has mentioned the similar Version. It's just a number anyhow so I don't mind a great deal.. It works for me, apparently, although others with similar to 3 Core CPUs or else 2 Core CPUs might get the issue in case the game use just one core in place of using every of them. This is something that worried me.

AMD FX "Bulldozer is the great and I wish they fabricated and promote them as 4 Core CPUs plus make application utilize the modules as cores. presentation would be exceptional in contrast with the other CPUs... however I presumption it's not that easy and I'm not a person who know something of that complex things so I won’t argue

I thing the AMD FX Bulldozer will able to play the game with no issue , in spite of it looking like simply one core is used. And I know what was going on with Bulldozer for a long time and I was actually thrilled regarding it, then.. well. I think AMD marketing dropped the ball, . I do not upgrade to FX, it will still be the 555 BE, Goes to 4 Ghz on air (Noctua HD-14 rules!) as 2 core, don't recognize how much I might have on with the 4 cores open. My build is a lot for quiet than gaming performance. in any case, n with FX 4100 series CPU's would be just okay with Mass Effect 3. After all, it's updated weird engine and then, X-box.

If I am not wrong than I believe this for determining the default settings . providing you modify your video settings to what operate much more better way for you, it's worthless any thing that the config tool provide you. It is remarkable that they can't obtain a perfect core count on latest AMD processors, though.

You need not have to be worry regarding this issue. The fact that the configuration tool doesn't know in excess of 4 core cups. It's the similar in ME1, ME2, DAO as well as DAII. It just detects 6 plus 8 core cpus like 1 core cpus. though, and if you keeping press ctl-alt-del through the game to shows up the task manager you be able to see that the at every cores are use. The configuration tool is a extremely old piece of BioWare tech at this point. As long as they keep including it to alter the settings beyond the in game options I will be fine that it is not detected the new hardware correctly.