Thread: Cannot install Mass Effect 3 game because of the DirectX Error

Cannot install Mass Effect 3 game because of the DirectX Error

I have downloaded Mass effect 3 game in my computer and after downloading the game when I tried to install it at that time I get DirectX Error. this problem is irritating for me. if any I have solution have regarding this then let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot install Mass Effect 3 game because of the DirectX Error

Have you try to fix this solution by installing the Direct X that comes with the game? if not then try this first. I was also having same issue and then I have tried this solution and my problem gets solved. I hope after trying your problem will get solved.

I have read the problem which you are facing and you should try this steps this steps to solve this problem. first you have to go to the Folder where you have downloaded mass effect 3 game and then you have to open _ Installer folder from Mass effect 3 directory. After that you have to redist folder from Directx folder. From that folder you need to delete all the .cap files. After deleting those files you have to try to install Mass effect 3 game and then you have to check whether you are getting same error while installing this game or not?

According to me after trying these steps your problem will get solved.

Yes by removing the .cab files from the direct redist folder you can fix this problem. I am saying this because I was getting same error while installing Mass effect 3 games and then I have deleted .cap files. After that when I tried to install Mass effect 3 at that time installation went fine.

I have removed .cap files from the redist folder of DirectX and after that also I was getting same error while installing this game. I have also try to install Mass effect 3 game with the Direct X which comes with it but that does not make any difference.

Let me know how to solve this problem?

I will suggest you to download latest version of Direct X from internet and then you have install latest version of DirectX in your computer. after that try install Mass effect 3 and then check what the result is. May be this solution will fix this issue.

This is actually an origin problem. I made a video a while back explaining how to fix this on battlefield 3. Until EA gets its act together, this will probably continue on all Origin games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo

This video should help you.