Thread: After The Sims 3 Showtime next expansion pack will be for boys

After The Sims 3 Showtime next expansion pack will be for boys

Well I am really excited about The Sims 3 Showtime. I really wanted to play this particular game and hence I have pre ordered the same. I am hoping that there will be lots of stuff introduced in the game which will give lots of fun. However I came to know that next expansion pack will be developed for boys only. Mostly sports and Dinosaurs would make boys to enjoy the game. any useful information about the above mentioned topic would be appreciated.

Re: After The Sims 3 Showtime next expansion pack will be for boys

According to me it would be really great to have dinosaurs in the game. also there should be new training equipment introduced in the game. I will also appreciated if upcoming pack could create chaos and destruction.

If they are looking to cater boys that mean they will definitely make stuff which could cause death and destruction. I have already decided that I won’t purchase Showtime until and unless it is having some great skills as well as traits in the game. so far I am bored with current traits and skills sets involved in the game. also social scenario should be improved in the game.

In the upcoming expansion about which we are talking about the developer should provide following type of professions for the male players.
    • Athlete
    • Military
    • Doctor
    • Scientist
    • Thief

From the above mentioned the first two profession were not need any explanation. Second two after that seems to be male dominated fields. The last one is the most popular culture and most of the criminals as well as bandits were supposed to be male. Also we can have following kind of profession in the game,
    • Invention Making
    • Fire Fighter
    • Private Investigator

In my opinion the developers are truly looking to make an expansion pack for boys then there should be lots of content involved which should be suitable for boys. There should be more male dominated career involved in the game as well. But I don’t think so it would work as Sims is designed for the girls. Normally guys love to play Shooting and that kind of the video games. but still I am wondering that they will try their best to get the attention of the male gamers. Even the current expansions pack would not attract boys as most of the guys neither sing nor song.

The Show Time is not designed for any particular gender. We know that many boys as well as girls like to do singing and dancing. Also there are more number of girls are playing as compared to boys. If they are trying to make an expansion pack for specific gender then it might cause an issue with the selling of the expansion pack. I would like to have an expansion pack where one can have lots of sports. There should be big sports venue where one can get the option such as . Indoor Baseball Field or Indoor Football Field. Teens should join any of the teams available and practice after completing with the school. Also there should be Pool tables, ski ball available in the game.

As it has been already stated Sims 3 is designed to attract girls but still there are sufficient number of male players who loved to play it. I have noticed that most of the expansion pack are having some quality which attracts the stereotypical boys. If they are supposed to provide sports oriented expansion pack then I am sure than more male gamers would purchase the game.

It is not necessary that all male gamers would like the same kind of stuff. some would like military career but rest of many them found quite boring. So thinking would vary from person to person. However most of the boys likes destruction and sports.