Thread: Is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning needed to fix the level lock problem?

Is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning needed to fix the level lock problem?

I can see that there is just one method to play the game without hitting the level cap very early while performing every quest which comes. I am sure that there are majority of the people who would like to go by this way. Fix the level lock and you have people hitting level cap halfway throughout the game. You'll still encompass dungeons as well as crafting to sort your gear out if that's a concern. Man this game is screwed up in a lot of ways and I think it needs a redesign a patch which isn't going to cut it.

Re: Is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning needed to fix the level lock problem?

I have the same opinion that it's not quite as terrible as people seem to imagine it is. At the same time, yes it required to be reversed. This is not an innovation of the way it's been completed before. And it's not accomplishing the objective that it put out to.

I agree in terms of my preference to strike the level cap earlier than the end of the game, the suitable counter to our view is that for a lot of people hitting the level cap is the ending of the game. The difficulty with open world’s game as well as leveling is that there are a lot of play styles as well as so many methods to play.
    • Do the complete major quest and after that go back and do the side quests.
    • Do just the major quest.
    • Do the key quest though doing every relevant side quests.
    • Grind mobs as well as ignore every quest to hit max level.
    • Just do the core quest and stop while you hit max level.
    • Skip areas which become gray as well as quit while you hit max level.

This is not the problem through open world games. This is a difficulty of care bear design as well as streamlined advancement systems. You don't hit level cap very soon within Sacred 2. I have doubt that a lot of players ever even hit the cap legit lying on consoles. There were additional players on PC who hit the cap but that was since XP rewards were bugged on high levels on consoles and that never got resolved. Level cap was 200, advancement was in depth and there were 5 complexity levels of play (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Niob -- just bronze and silver being offered to unlock).

If you evaluate it with the Skyrim, which is a true open world rpg then you will see the differences quite simply. With the Skyrim you will be able to walk to any point of the world and perform any quest of any faction that you would like to do openly. You can do that since in Skyrim the enemies keep near to the character level at any time.

KoA will be good if that would stick to the single system, In such case there are two things that applies to it:
    • Each zone is having fixed level and that is having all mobs, items as well as dungeons.
    • Fixed level is selected cleverly, so that advancing throughout zones forces the player to accomplish quests, gain expand and do the content of the preceding zones.

I have never got the leveling problem. I started getting the grey mobs is when I am wrapping up the final couple of side quests within an area which I have been working in. Many of the times of the play, I ‘found that the mobs are yellow/orange.

I don’t think that this require any fix. I am happy with the way they made this game and I don’t think that it needed an further change.