Thread: Requirement of level system in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Requirement of level system in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

I have been playing kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning for many days now. After playing for so long, I realized that the level of enemies increase as player’s level increases. For example, if player reaches level 20 then enemy too becomes of level around 20. So I think the level system is useless and can be eliminated.

re: Requirement of level system in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

I too agree that level in this game is useless. Instead the developers could have made the AI act differently. For example, as game progresses, the number of minions should increase. The AI will attack using different moves. The combination in which minions arrive can also be toggled to add difficulty. The style of attack can also be changed according to progress. Like in beginning the enemy will attack head on, on further progress enemy will start surrounding player. Even further the enemy will attack stealthily.

The best reason for having level system is too decide the level of access an player should get in terms of abilities and weapons. With level system, the player gets an idea of progress in game. In an open world game, there can’t be much restriction on movement of player in the map. If level system is terminated then possibilities of player roaming in parts of further level increases, during this one might find higher level weapons meant to be gained in further part. This will totally disrupt the games system. Thus, the level system.

When I play games which has level to its character, it gives a sense of character development. It shows how much powerful the character is now as compared to the beginning. Level system is useless if the game is in linear format. But in Open world game like Reckoning, level system adds fun factor to the game. Te excitement of unlo9cking new abilities and weapons as the level increases won’t be there without level system.

The enemies becoming of equal level are to maintain the balance. If not the player might feel like wasting time if he has to visit old areas again. I mean to say that, if the levels of enemy remains constant then the developers would have to keep enemies in starting areas at level 1 or 2. So if player has to return in the old area when he is of level 20 or maybe further, than fighting the enemies there would waste his time. And at that level, the weapons and xp generated by enemy will almost be useless for player.