Thread: PixelJunk Eden is a Single Player game

PixelJunk Eden is a Single Player game

Hello friends, I was checking for the PixelJunk Eden for four players, but founded to a single player game only. I have checked this on the Steam store page and founded that it is Single Player game. But somewhere I have seen that the PS3 version is 4 players. I do not know why they have removed the multiplayer option from the game. I do not think that they have done a better job by making it only single player game. What you have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: PixelJunk Eden is a Single Player game

The developer of the game have consider it when they were trying to implement the game and was also looking to have the range of options, but the Windows is not having the concept of multiple controllers or a proper API for it which is there in the PS3. So due to which they have remove the multiplayer mode from the game and made it single player. You will be finding very rare local co-op game, in fact I do not know that how many there are. They have changed the goal of the game so that we can rescue two grim friends, one which is there in the main garden and another in the Encore gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    The developer of the game have consider it when they were trying to implement the game and was also looking to have the range of options, but the Windows is not having the concept of multiple controllers or a proper API for it which is there in the PS3. So due to which they have remove the multiplayer mode from the game and made it single player. You will be finding very rare local co-op game, in fact I do not know that how many there are. They have changed the goal of the game so that we can rescue two grim friends, one which is there in the main garden and another in the Encore gardens.
    I am knowing the game which are been meant for the local co-op, so the names of the games are, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2, DeathSpank, DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Shank, Magic: The Gathering, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, Shatter, Future Wars, Beat Hazard, LEGO Batman, Lego Harry Potter, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, Nation Red, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Flock, You don't know Jack, Trine, Trine 2, Street Fighter IV, The Undergarden, Shatter, Terminator Salvation, Blur, Crash Time II, TOCA Race Driver 3, Worms Reloaded, X-Men Legends II, ProtoGalaxy, Audiosurf, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Virtual Tennis 2009, Swarm Arena. All these are the local co-op game.

I did not at all know that there are so many games, well if you remove the co-op then also it give us the permission to create new features like the quick-warp it is something that we will not able to find it in the actual as the co-op and screen/scroll problem and it is been send by god. I think that it might be the thing which the developer have kept the single player experience for Steam as going from the stats which seems to be the basic thing of the user. Where the PS3 version is having the 2 player’s co-op so that's the version for couples out on the steam.

I have purchased the Dungeon Defenders, Hammer Fight, Renegade ops and Bionic Command rearmed as these were having the local multiplayer mode in it. If you remove multiplayer component from such a game then it will be really bad and sad to have it, whereas I was also looking to purchase the PixelJunk Eden, but it has warn me and told me to think about it before going to purchase.

I believe that the game which are there told by the above user require to have USB/bluetooth controllers to be plugged in. even it might be games which will be using the same keyboard, so I do not think that it is possible for the implementing co-op multiplayer as it is not supporting the controller. I wanted to know that developer is coming with the Pixeljunk Radio or not.

It is sort of disappointment as they have removed the Co-op from the game. It is really nice game and fun one with the solo; it is worth to purchase the game. They have also not stated any specific reason that they have removed the co-op from the game. I was not at all expecting this to happen with the game. Some of the above users have told the reason but that should be told by the developer.

I am really enjoying the game, it is really sad that they have dropped the co-op, if nothing is working in the co-op then how it work for single player only ability. If it was having it then I would be take coop with no quick warp over no coop at all.

Not fond of the co-op mode on the PS3 version for the reason that of the limitation of being on the same screen. But, speaking as a developer myself, I know that adding up network multi-player support to a single-player game is an enormous undertaking and often not feasible. Still, if it could be done, I'd certainly make use of it, and it would be easier to get friends to buy the game.