Thread: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Audio lag and freezes in PS3

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Audio lag and freezes in PS3

I really need a patch to fix this problem in my PS3. I cannot play more than five minutes at a time. I need to take out the disc and back in PS3 every time when the issue arises. The first issue is about the minor audio lag. Second problem is, the game freezes frequently and crashes at load screen sometimes. It looks like game disc unable to find something. The game really looks good when it is working fine but then nothing. Does anyone else notice this breaking bug?

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Audio lag and freezes in PS3

The issue seems to like overloading of RAM (hope the word is understandable. In my case there was no problem when I first started the game but after 10 minutes everything as you said. The reservoir levels have also grown from an initial 6 MB to 14 MB now. In addition, the game runs smoothly at times, especially out in heaven edge, quite strong. Sometimes when I start the game console gets locked up. At this time I had to restart the PS3.

Of course, something may happen now and then.

It happens at times with almost all the technical equipment.

As long as it remains the exception that is not a problem, even if it is annoying to repeat a game section.

The PS3 loads but quite often you will not hear clearly and FPS dips. In Xbox I didn’t notice this kind of problem. There were no sound problems or disappearing graphics. There are already thousands of users affected by the various errors, but the most annoying of all, the freezing of the screen has not yet been fixed. The problem is due to a lack of memory, and has given no solution. Just wait until we decide to serve out the patch.

Could be attributed to the game, but if you always return then it could be the issue with XMB menu. Maybe you could try the recovery menu to rebuild the database (requires a bit of time) or maybe it's a HDD problem. I think that the issue might depend on a HDD corruption due to AC. In that you need to make a low-level formatting the HDD with the PC and Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool.

When the game started freezing and crashing in PS3, several issues comes in mind and nothing can be firmly told what exactly the cause is. The first issue may be due to the bad sectors on the Game disk, if you are running the game via Disk, then badly written disk or bad sectors in it could create a problem. if it is not the case, then it could be the issue of faulty blu-ray drive. The lasers in it cannot read all the segments of the disk properly. Since you are getting audio lag and frequent crash.

My PS3 also showing similar symptoms with this game but my friends where playing it on their PS3 without any glitch. So I would probably assume that there is something wrong with the Console. So I am going to buy a lens cleaner tomorrow. I don’t think that there could be a major hardware problem because I can play games which I have previously installed on the HDD without any lad or freeze.

Are you using any third party Controller on your PS3?

Did you do any modification on the console?

Are you using an Original copy of game which is named as PS3 version?

Beforehand users who were using different controllers experienced similar kind of issues with most of the game. Maybe that the custom controller gives you more controls over the game but it also produces minor issues.