Thread: First impressions of SSX game demo

First impressions of SSX game demo

Hello friends just wanted to know what your first impression of the game is. For me it was really hard to compare with the older one. The first trick which I have tried and got 200k/11mil for gold and the highest point of mine till now is the 1.3 million. I have done the practice of this game for a week. Whereas I do not like the classic controls, the new control scheme which are been added in the game are really great. I love the game and wishing that there were some of more than two drops in it. So what are your thoughts about it, please tell me. Thank you.

Re: First impressions of SSX game demo

One thing which I do not like the ridernet, it is not working for me, just waiting for the full version of the game so that I can compete against my friends, it will be great fun to play it. Beside the rest I am really like it.

It is really tough to reach till the gold, I have got 10.5 million points then also I was not able to get it. It is the best run of mine till now, before that I was not able to cross 10 million. Even I also like the new control scheme, which is been more surprisingly to me and when I have start using it then I was not able to work on the classic on an Xbox controller. I am very much attach to the SSX game, so will be going back to it and play to get it done for me.

That it is nothing, all of my friends are really sick of this and they have reached till the 11 million and 12 million, where I am at 9 million, I do not know they are easily getting till there and they have done in the trick events. I do not think that it is possible to me go higher then my friends, more over I can reach till 10 million beside that I am not will be reaching more than that. One thing which I am leading is that race track is more than what my friends are having it, beside that I am very much behind in points. Liking the game, somewhat.

When I am checking the records of the others then I am finding that I am doing something wrong. The best point in the trick event is 5.6 million, not able to go more than that. I am very much slow in the Tricky; I think I will be able to go higher than what I am having it. I have not play it from a long time, so will be going for it and try to bet my own score. Will be playing with the classic controls.

Love the demo, but a few minor problems in that. The introduction video can't be skipped, which is a bit annoying when it's that long! I'm a little disappointed by the grind mechanics. We don't have to do anything to stay on a grind now except hold a button? Seems kind of pointless having these erratic shaped pipes then when they offer no challenge. I can't seem to do butters from a nose or tail press. And the slightly more annoying issue is the controls. Fair enough, I appreciate that there may be advantages to the new stick control, but after playing the game for a decade, there's the not inconsiderable issue of muscle memory to deal with. Which means I’m constantly reaching for the rewind button by mistake, when trying to do a grab? So, I try the classic controls, and find that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakradevroy View Post
    Love the demo, but a few minor problems in that. The introduction video can't be skipped, which is a bit annoying when it's that long! I'm a little disappointed by the grind mechanics. We don't have to do anything to stay on a grind now except hold a button? Seems kind of pointless having these erratic shaped pipes then when they offer no challenge. I can't seem to do butters from a nose or tail press. And the slightly more annoying issue is the controls. Fair enough, I appreciate that there may be advantages to the new stick control, but after playing the game for a decade, there's the not inconsiderable issue of muscle memory to deal with. Which means I’m constantly reaching for the rewind button by mistake, when trying to do a grab? So, I try the classic controls, and find that.
    What you have told about the intro I do agree with it, it should be there, but it is not a huge problem since they'll most likely fix that for the full game. As for the grinding, I also agree with you on that one but to be honest I don't mind the way it is, actually I just don't really want them messing with the game, everything about it seems perfect to me. The classic control scheme is definitely a problem though. If they are going to call it classic it needs to play the same way the classic controls do, nothing should be changed.

Well there was no split-screen, but no true multiplayer either, I was going to buy the game used and recommended others to do the same. However, after playing the demo tracks countless of times, I have to say there's finally a great snowboard game again, and it will be one of my favorite games for the present year.

This game is basically flawless, I just wish there was that synchronized racing aspect of the multiplayer. I don't mind the live global events and ridernet, but they could have implemented both into the game. It would have been perfect if they did.