Thread: Templar Girl changed in The Secret World

Templar Girl changed in The Secret World

I just purchased The Secret World and started playing it. After playing for some three hours, I came across the girl from the Templar. I noticed that she looks very different from how she was she was shown on the cover art. The first cover art of The Secret World that I had seen showed the Templar’s girl as blonde girl with straight face and blue eyes, but in the actual game, she looks very different. Her clothing style is different. I don’t know if only I am the one who is feeling it or anybody else to get the same feeling that she is different. Does anybody else feels that girl on the cover of The Secret World and in game girl is different?

Re: Templar Girl changed in The Secret World

EA Games must have used real model or real girl to pose for the role of the Templar girl to use the picture on the cover of the game. But when modeling the 3D version of the same girl, they must have made some differences. I watched the girl closely after reading your question and I found that major difference has been made in her clothing style only. In the cover art, the Templar girl is wearing clothes that are complete red and its other shades. But in the game, the girl is wearing red colored clothes with white stripe in the centre. Also the collar of the girls dress is raised till her jaws in the game, while on the cover art, the there is no collar. The dress that she is wearing also is open in between near her chest when seen on cover art. But in the game, she is covered fully only to reveal her face. In game, her dress also has shoulder straps which are not present on the cover art. In the game, she also has upper arm covers where the Templar’s logo is printed. While on the cover art, you will find the logo of Templar printed directly on her shirt’s both sleeves.

From the looks of the Templar girl in The Secret World, she looks different. The basic built and features of her face have been kept same, which are the blond hair up to her shoulders, blue eyes and straight face. But other features like the chin, the cheek and forehead seems to be changed. I think this is why we find the girl from Templar different on cover art and different in the game. Also the girl on the cover of The Secret World, the mode that has been used to pose gives a mean looks. Her looks give an impression that she has something cunning going on in her mind. As compared to this, the girl in the game looks cute and calm. It looks like she cannot do anything bad to anyone. If both the girls are compared, the one on the cover art has her hair properly maintained. While in game, it looks like she hardly uses comb on her hair.

The Secret World is a video game and you don’t expect developers to replicate each and every thing that is seen in real world. The girl looks different in the game as from cover art is because, she is made in 3D. Also he graphics of The Secret World are not of that high quality that it will cover each and every detail of the face perfectly. Since this game has to be played online completely, having high end graphics where the girl’s every detail would match realism isn’t possible. To have each and every detail proper, EA games would have needed to use high ploy models which would have made the game heavy. This wouldn’t be good for online game as it would need high speed internet to play. Also having lots of facial expressions that show meanness of the girl or calm nature of the girl is not possible due to low poly count.

I don’t understand why you people are debating on the difference in the looks of the girl that is presented in a virtual form. I mean, have you people even been playing game or just watching the Templar girl’s model all this time. It s obvious from above pictures that developers have used real model in the cover art and replicating her in the game wouldn’t be possible due to restriction of having low poly models. To add to this, the game isn’t based on real facts that you should argue if the looks are not proper. If this debate was on FIFA 12, that why Wayne Rooney or Mesut Özil looks different from their real personalities, then this argument was valid. While my whole period of playing The Secret World, I didn’t even notice how the girl looks. I only knew that there is a girl with blonde hair who was also shown on cover. The game is based on theme of fantasy and it has nothing to do with real world.