Thread: Disappointed with Prototype 2

Disappointed with Prototype 2

Personally I was having lots of expectation on this particular game. I was having great time with previous version. It was having great combination of speed, power and difficulty. Well I was wondering that I would play Prototype 2. But after playing for an hour I completely stopped playing. I am disappointed with movement and game controls. I noticed that Heller is really slow and it is not having any momentum in the activity. I am not able to get remapping of glide and airdash. It was working fine in the previous version of game. why there is change in inferior setup. After having new jump system the range of motion has been limited in previous version of game. I noticed that jumping on rooftops and usage of airdashes and gliding seems to be really boring. Even new version we are not having any option to use previous version of control configuration.

Well I am really disappointed with this particular version of the game. Let me know which things you really did not liked.

Re: Disappointed with Prototype 2

I think you might need to upgrade your movement abilities to be fluid and fast in the game. well I have done the same in this particular game. once you have managed to upgrade the locomotion you will be able to get all the movements mutations in the game. also I am sure about the thing that heller would be faster and he would be able to jump higher than that of Mercer. At the time of sprinting you will have a feeling that you are sprinting in the game. also the jump seems to be really high. The most favorite thing of this particular game is movement . but still I really did not liked that you hop on the cars. also you will not be able to do flips or vaults same as Mercer supposed to do in the game.

I could not believe that you have stopped playing after an hour of gameplay. As it was already mentioned in previous poster than you will be able to get faster and higher jump movements once you have upgraded your movement in the game. also you have get idea of control scheme I don’t think so you will get any issue while playing. So you will need to play the game for more than one hour. Also there are lots of movement associated with Heller as compared to previous version of the game. I know that there are lots of people who are wondering that all the stuffs should be get unlocked once they have started with the second part of the game. they are not able to think about leveling or for this particular game I can say power progression. However it is being used in most of games available in the market.

People are not able to get that Heller would become faster than that of Mercer once he has managed to get all the upgrades. In this particular game I have spent around 5 points on the speed as well as completed with some side missions so that I could get on top speed 4x faster. By doing it Heller is really fast. Even you will have another upgrade in the game which would make Heller more fast. Also he will be able to jump really high in the game and after jumping upgraded you will be jump as high as skyscraper. So it is necessary to upgrade your movements to get better movement.

Well if you have played with the first version of the game then you should know that Mercer should start in the same manner until and unless you are supposed to upgrade the movements in the game. I came to know that there are lots of people who are saying that previous version of game is having definition of mediocre. Could be people will be able to get better idea after playing demo version.

I understood the thing about upgrades which you have mentioned over here. it seems that Prototype 2 is not giving same kind of movement as that of previos version. Basically because of controls and physics of heller. Yes you will be able to jump higher than that of P! by using airdish. However same thing is no happening in the current version of game. just because airdash button is does not seems to be same as jump button. Jumping seems to be floaty and simply holding button rather than that of holding the same for jump it seems to be clunky. As far as movement is concerned I am really disappointed. Gliding, attacking, diveroll are really worse.

Actual top running speed does seems to fatser or slower as compare to previous version. But I don’t have any issue with the same. I played the previous version of the game so much so that I got familiar with all physics and gameplay and got that one will be able to change something which cannot be changed at all. but I have decided that I would play this particular game and I would complete it. I loved the previous version so i have to play P2 as well.

According to me there is no need to charge your jump before you are going to leave your ground. You will not be able to jump when you have hit the ground. Also you will not require to charge jump so that you can jump higher in the game. if you are pressing A button then you will be able to leave ground and you will raise higher until and unless you will be able to get maximum jumping height. I mean longer time you will press jump button higher you will be able to jump. Hence they have changed the thing whenever you can change the same. the biggest changes was "A" airdash and "RT" glide. You will need some time to understand the control to get used of it. it would be bit frustrating when you are playing for couple of times.

I have managed to get Heller mobility up to level 3 and mutation supposed to allowing 25% of jump distance. 75% equal for dashing after jumping as compared to the previous version of the game. it seems that gliding and air dash buttons should be adjusted. There are lots of chances of messing up with control scheme with P2 especially if you had played previous version of game. it could be better if you managed to get used to of it. people are saying that Heller is better and it is different than Alex and I think it should be. As both of them are not same guy at all.