Thread: Do not like battle system in Empires & Allies

Do not like battle system in Empires & Allies

Hello friends, the one thing which I do not like about the game is the battle system. When were you fight with the Talon, Battleship, Hype then they never get missed every Attack and always doing a Direct Hit on the land. I do not think that what is the purpose of the making each Class, if they are having the Normal Accuracy. Even they are able to find 1 target to destroy in the battle formation the Ai has the great targeting against. So what you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Do not like battle system in Empires & Allies

I will also agree on this and also support you with all the points you are saying about the battle. Much time I have requested for the explanation but there's no one has provided the information about it. I think that the Zynga is really wanted to ignore. And the more I got hit or killed by 'poor against' unit, the more I want to just quit this game.

Most of the people are not knowing the changes which are been done by the Zynga, it is been tough to tell about the changes, whenever you start the game then you will find some or the other changes in the game.

I have been noticing since that AI's hit ratio are much better (I got unit upgrades). I observed how many success hits I can make with a FAIR TARGET in 5 turns vs. the AI's. The result was ridiculous, for every 5 turns my success rate is only 2-3 hits compared to the AI's 3-4 hits and worst, sometimes it can deal successive 5/5 hits. The AI is smarter, I know it's suppose to hit the unit type it's great against but also it can detect whether an enemy unit has been used with smoke grenade or not; it avoids hitting those units that are with smoke effect on it

When the target is a "Fair Target", usually when battling the same type. The AI never seems to miss a single shot while I miss like 2 out of 5. And I have upgraded accuracy in all of my top tier units but the AI does not seem to miss at all even with no upgrades.

AI has a big advantage on Fair Targets indeed. I hate those experimental units because I miss them too often. But I can't say whether the AI is smart or stupid. As usual the devs change the rules to please themselves, it’s annoying that almost every hit by the AI against a poor target a direct hit yet if I was to fire at a poor target I get a 1 in 5 chance of getting a direct hit.

Actually they increased the accuracy of all units. Just before the recent patch, the targeting are less better but that was okay for me cause I bring units that really make sure I will have a "great" target. I choose units that counter my opponents'. But now, since the accuracy is increased, those who can afford to buy high HP and damaging units can just mass it in battle with less worry of having "fair" and even '"poor" targets cause of the increased hit success. I don't really like the new improvement cause the "unit counter" system seems less significant now.

I do agree some units do need to balance a bit more fairly, and it is obvious the game design/bots choose to shoot the weakest unit we have in a battle and concentrate on it, when zynga game developers should make it fairer by adjusting the bot units by shooting randomly at units, if there is. I have add 3 units of which one is more suitable for all enemy bot unit to shoot at, and then maybe shoot a different unit after 2 or 3 turns. It is just too hard when all units aim at one of your units even if I had a tier 7 unit getting shot at by 2 tier 4 units they can bring you down.

We usually don't talk much about the way that we make internal calculations about how damage is done, how the AI chooses its targets, etc. and this policy hasn't changed. However, since there has been a lot of confusion on this topic, I want to jump in and let you know one thing. There is no difference in the Glancing Blow/Direct Hit/Critical Hit rate between your units and the AI. You can certainly get a string of bad luck that causes you to lose a valuable unit or two. But I've confirmed it with the development team: the code we use to calculate whether a hit is a Direct Hit, Glancing Blow, or Critical Hit is the same code, no matter whether it's you firing or the AI.