Thread: How to play RuneScape on Mandriva Linux

How to play RuneScape on Mandriva Linux

I am using Mandriva Linux on my computer and the problem is I cannot play runescape. I have installed the java but the system still says that java is not installed. Does anyone know why?

Re: How to play RuneScape on Mandriva Linux

I don’t know why you are not able to play games in mandriva. However the runescape game does not need to be installed on your computer. You will need an updated browser with java enabled. If your system does not recognize the java installed on your computer, then use a different browser which contains java as a plug-in or add-on. Like this way, you can easily launch and play game.

Mandriva provides the software with Cedega, which can be utilized on the various Windows games on Linux. In addition, the distribution for desktop graphical effects and uses for both AIGLX and Xgl on.

Mandrake and TransGaming Technologies jointly announce the games on specially optimized Linux distribution Mandrake Linux Gaming Edition. The package bundles Mandrake Linux 8.1 Standard Edition, with "The Sims" from Electronic Arts, which runs with the help of TransGaming's software on Linux. The TransGaming portability technology that is included in the Mandrake Linux Gaming Edition, allows Linux users to enter the Windows-based Sims world. The numerous updates such as additional furniture or clothes are open to the Linux players.

TransGaming's WineX is based on Wine, a free software that uses a Windows API is available for Linux and it thus enables to run Windows applications directly under Linux.

By installing the WineX on Linux, you can play any Windows based game on Linux. But before that you must make sure that your computer must be compatible to run those games. i mean it should a have Good memory and Graphics card along with Fast processor. Even if you are playing online game or web browser based game, it need all those things.