Thread: Why are all hating Dear Esther?

Why are all hating Dear Esther?

I don’t know the known reason but why people don’t like Dear Esther. People are not able to get what is the concept of the game. I have gone through the trailers of the video and got that there was something different from the other games available in the market. so I don’t think so I have done wrong after purchasing the game. I am having great time with Dear Esther.

Re: Why are all hating Dear Esther?

We know that there should be some haters. I think it is normal to have some hate to get the reaction. But I think there will be large number of people who would like to play the game.

According to me all the haters are group at the time of launching of the game. they don’t think about the what is the concept of the game? they simply look on FPS and click on the buy button. Dear Esther would be sold as interactive piece of the literature. You will get a poetic experience.

Well I know that people are complaining about the narrative part of the game. also there were people who has purchased the game without researching about and now they are complaining. You can also thing why they have provided some pseudo-intellectualism in the game? I can understand that some people might be surprised with the game and some were bit disappointed. After all it is dependent on the mentality of the people.

as said by the developer they had made an experimental game. but after playing the game I don’t think so it would worked for you. narration part of the game would not work since it was not able to think about the character having in the game. in fact it is telling a fictional story and fictional character where there is no emotional connection. the Voice part of the game good but it is not enough to hold the gamers. If you consider the gameplay the environment seems to beautiful but you will not get an interaction in the game. if you walk at snail speed but still you will be able to get into the dead end. It will reward you.

This particular game is overpriced and it is having really short story. In fact the game is lengthen by simply having the slow walking speed. The environment provided in the game is beautiful but is not having much interactivity. It is similar to that they have visited an island and developed a short film by using good quality camera.

So far I have not found anything irritating in the game. this game is giving feeling of ghost train ride than that of walk on the island. The original mode of the game is also quite shorten. As we are entering into the beacon compound the climax part of the game starts playing rather than that of the entire story is concluded in front of your players. I know it is not disappointing rather than it is well presented and you will get tightly wrapped experience while playing the game. we are not able to get any kind of introduction to anything hence we are not able to figure out what is happening in the game.

This particular game is a good game but I don’t think so it will be a good a game. it seems to be a reading a book and transformed into the number of map rather than that of actual game.

The latest version of the game is graphical mod of the older version. I would like to play the game if they will provide more interaction.