Thread: Which Hebridean island does Dear Esther game has

Which Hebridean island does Dear Esther game has

Hello friends, I have founded that it is totally fictional Hebridean Island, or it is there in actual world? I was searching on the Google Maps and also on Google Earth then also it has not shown any key landmarks, so wanted to know which it is, has anyone able to find it or what it is? Please tell me, still searching for it. Thank you.

Re: Which Hebridean island does Dear Esther game has

I believe that the islands which is there in the game is completely fictional, and also there are hundreds place which seem to be similar histories exist. Where along the coast of England and Scotland you will be able to find hundreds of small islands, and many of them are not been named and some of which are still not be explored. So can’t say anything about it.

I also feel that the island which are there are fictional. If it is not, there has to be an abandoned Hebridean Island which should have the aerial, a lighthouse and a beautiful giant cave system also. There is a map in the game which can tell that the island is friction or not, so need to check that then might get the idea about the islands.

I am believe that it is a purely fictional island, which is been based on the Hebrides. I do not think that there is anything to say for definite that the map in the game is in fact related to the island on which the player is. I was having the map of China from past many years, but I was not living over there. The game has been made interested enough to read about the Hebrides though, furthest I've been out that way myself is the Isle of Skye. If you wanted to have information about the Hebrides then go to Wikipedia and search for St Kilda, Scotland then you will get some sort of the information about it.

Where the general outline of the island is certainly based on Hirta, where the actual features of the island are not been listed in the game and also not explained anywhere, why it is been used and what importance it is having it.

I think that the best way to get know about the islands is to collect the clues which are been spread on the island, so then only we might be able to know otherwise keep on searching and asking each other will not at help you, only the developer of the game might be knowing about the island and will be able to tell the user about it, other than keep on searching about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubboy View Post
    I think that the best way to get know about the islands is to collect the clues which are been spread on the island, so then only we might be able to know otherwise keep on searching and asking each other will not at help you, only the developer of the game might be knowing about the island and will be able to tell the user about it, other than keep on searching about it.
    I also think when you are getting the clues which are having the map so that might be helpful for you and also for the other also, of you search about it then you will not get a proper search about it.

I feel that it is been depends what the clue is saying it. I am pretty much sure that you cannot see the Hirta from the island of Great Britain no matter how smart you are and how much good search you are having it. I think that the clues might be meaning to Skye or Lewis or some other intermediate-sized island which are having a permanent population.

Founded something about the Stac Levenish which I think that it is been related to the island which is not been mentioned in the actual one and also there are present in the game.