Thread: How to enable autorun in Dear Esther

How to enable autorun in Dear Esther

Hello friends, is there any method to enable the autorun through a tweak? It is very much fine with the slow pace of the game but the middle finger is shaking with the fatigue and also to mention poor W key and I do not why they have include auto run/walk in the game. Please tell me about it so that I can set it. Thank you.

Re: How to enable autorun in Dear Esther

I would suggest that bind the W to right click; I think that there might be a default setting for that. If it was there then it might be easier for your hands and also it will encourages a more realistic type of movement. The main thing is that we can expect such good design for this game as the game is not good for the game.

You can work without that method and also would suggest that you better stop walking endlessly on the game, if you keeping walking then it will be giving problem for you, so just try it.

I have already bound W to the space bar which been very comfortable for me and can play it when sitting back and walk through. Then also wanted to have a run or auto run/walk. I feel that the slow pace makes up for content, I can complete the game in half hour if I was having the HL2 run speed. Then I would have beaten the game. During the ending of the game after the cinematic screen has went black and was able to hear sound of the ocean. One thing which I have to do it to get out from there was quit; no option was there at that time.

Try to type +forward in console to set it to automatically walk, if you wanted to stop then stop by holding S when you want to look around or wanted to do something else. You can type –forward to stop the auto walking. Whereas I have done it and set the player speed to 50 by typing "de_playerspeed 50" and the fov to "fov_desired 110" and if you wanted to look at something super close then type "fov_desired 20", but got mess with it.

I have personalized to play with the binding the right click to walk and also able to play with one hand. If you wanted to do then open the console by pressing the ~ key and type “bind mouse2 +forward”. If wanted a toggle though, one fast and easy way is doing it with two keys: then you type bind w ";+forward" and bind q ";-forward", where W will toggle on, Q will toggle off. If you really want one key, try something like, alias walkOn "+forward;bind w walkOff", alias walkOff "-forward;bind w walkOn", bind w walkOn.

If you are talking about the which is in bold then it is perhaps indicating that the narrator is not looking at things or he is not able to remembering things properly.