Thread: What to do at end of Dear Esther?

What to do at end of Dear Esther?

Hello friends, I was not know that what exactly have to in the end, when you reach at the end of Dear Esther jump off the top of the Aerial and get converted into a bird and go to the paper boats then screen fades to black, after that nothing happened. Just able to hear the "come back" and beside that nothing. I was thinking that there was some bugged or something else in the game. Did a quick save and reload it then it cause a fade-in into a new scene but was not able to look around. Waited for some time and that I am able to see anything but nothing happened. I do not think that it is the correct thing to happen in game. What to do when you are over here please helping me, thank you.

Re: What to do at end of Dear Esther?

That has also happened to me, but I was thinking that it is the actual ending of the game as the screen faded to black. I was hoping that there might be some sort of epilogue or credits, let’s see that is been fixed or not.

I do remember correctly when I was playing the original mod it has been ended in the same way. I was trying to figure it out about the end symbolized death but there was nothing which seems to be there beside the darkness.

What I have got from the ending of the game that the guy which is there, not knowing that she is dead till the end of the game. When he came to know that she is dead then he jump from the top of the Aerial and flew away. It sort of liked that he had the realization and "went into the light" what he was so to speak. The island seems to be limbo and the darkness symbolizes the cold emptiness of death, what I am thinking about it, might be different or not.

Have noticed many time that shadow of mine was a seagul when flying over the island. Not sure about that have pieced the story together right or might be wrong and most of the times seen a Person just out of reach.