Thread: Wargame: European Escalation crashes on startup

Wargame: European Escalation crashes on startup

I have seen this game and played with friend and so as I liked it made an installation. But however it came to my notice that at the time of making an attempt to play the game it crashes right away and I am resided with the following report.
    Version : Final
    ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION
    (0)
    (0)
    (0)
    (0)
    D3DXSHProjectCubeMap (0)
    (0)
    Occurred the 14/01/2012 (dd/mm/yyyy) at 12:46
    Core dumped in C:\Users\ Nityaa\AppData\Local\Temp\000063_WarGame Final_29.dmp for post-mortem analysis.
    Press OK to report the dump by mail, CANCEL to quit.-
    And to state some information regarding the configurations of my PC, I am making use of a alienware m11x which has 2 graphic cards, one which is not very superior plus is used for conserving battery life(the game works well at the time when running with this GPU) along with one more nvidia chip for gaming. the dxdiag doesn’t show the nvidia chip information since it senses the weaker one as the default. So can anyone help me out of this as I am eager to play this game.

Re: Wargame: European Escalation crashes on startup

As you said that you have two graphics controllers and to tell them about , you told that one is incorporated into your processor (I assume it should be INTEL HD graphics controller) along with the additional is a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 335M graphics controller.And to say about this topic, as you are making use of the INTEL HD graphics controller, I need to say that the game is not able to run properly by means of this graphics controller. You need to switch to the NVIDIA graphics controllers it will help you to continue with your gaming needs.

I also had the same issue and it was not supported on the INTEL HD graphics controller and as I switched to another one, it came to my notice that the game was supporting. So you need to right click the mouse on the Windows background screen in addition to make sure if you can switch to the NVIDIA graphics controller.

I have some solution in your case as this will help you a lot. Hope this one helps. As I found that you need to update the NVIDIA display drivers of your Alienware M11x R2 laptop computer and I can say that you will be with your game as you played in your friends home.

I am not able to understand that the game crashes at the time of running on the nvida gpu as well as works on the bad integrated one. After some additional search I discovered that if I run it under windows xp sp 2 compatibility it will work well by means of a nvida chip . but I doubt whether it could it be a directx problem or some other.