Thread: Mass Effect 3 lags on my PC

Mass Effect 3 lags on my PC

I am playing the Mass Effect 3 on my computer and the problem with this is that the game is lagging a lot with my computer. Below is specification for my computer:
    • Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
    • 4 GB RAM
    • GeForce GT 540M 512MB

There is no problem when I run the ME 2 with the high settings and the dynamic shadows on. That is giving me the steady framerate which is over 40. I have read somewhere that if the computer is able to run the ME 2 then there will be no problem to run the ME 3. But talking about the demo of ME3, it is lagging a lot. Can you guess that what is the problem with this and how this problem ca n be resolved. If you are having any idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Mass Effect 3 lags on my PC

I think that you must compare your system specification with the minimum speciation needed to run the game and if you are lacking to get that specification then you will surely get the problems like this. So this is the first thing to be checked.

Have you installed a lot of programs after you ended playing the ME 2? Other than this, if you set a lot of programs on your computer to start on boot then this will consume the memory and will result in the issues like this. See if there are some of the programs for the startup which are not needed. If there are some of such programs then you can simply remove that from the list. This is the only thing that I can suggest you and hope that it will help you.

Other than the solution given above, you can also try defragging the hard drive and then do the system maintenance. You can go for the CCleaner to check if there are some outdated programs or old registries which might lead for this issue. I am not 100 % sure that this is the reason/solution for this but you can try it once for sure.

There is one most important thing that you have to consider about this. You must ensure that you are having the latest drivers and windows updates for all the things and particularly for the Nvidia.

I can see that there are many nice suggestions coming from the users but they are missing one of the very important thing and that is the resolution. You can try with the game by altering the resolution. Make it a bit low than the current one and see if that is making any difference to this. I have seen some of the similar cases with the other games where resolution comes as the reason for this issue and playing with the resolution settings solves the problem and so I hope that it will so the same for you.

Are you having two graphic cards in the system? I was also trying to run this game and that showed me that I cannot run it. I tried a lot to get this problem resolved but none of the solutions helped me. So finally I tried with excluding the integrated Intel graphics and switching to the nvidia gt 555m. Once I adjusted that from thee nvidia control panel then the game started running like a charm.

If you are having the Nvidia then you can go to the Nvidia control panel and from there select program setting. Here you will have to choose the ME 3 demo and after that rather than global or integrated, choose the Nvidia one. I hope that it will solve the problem for you.