Thread: Mass Effect 3 error: "Origin is no longer running; Mass Effect 3 demo will now close."

Mass Effect 3 error: "Origin is no longer running; Mass Effect 3 demo will now close."

I had downloaded Mass Effect 3 demo. After downloading it the game started perfectly but as soon as it reached the title screen I got an error message saying “Origin is no longer running; Mass Effect 3 demo will now close." So I tried to repair it then to it was not working I also tried to reinstall and also restart the computer but still getting the same error. I also made sure that the origin get start in administrator mode but then to I am getting same error. So I tried to start Battlefield 3 it was opening but was not able to connect any server as it was showing "Initializing". So can someone let me know what the issue all about is and can someone solve this problem for me?

Re: Mass Effect 3 error: "Origin is no longer running; Mass Effect 3 demo will now close."

I am also having same problem but it’s weird as it is working properly in my laptop and not working on my desktop. As when I load Mass Effect 3 on my laptop I can seen the Origin icon in the bottom right of the laptop but when I try the same thing in my desktop I am not able to see the Origin icon on the bottom left of my desktop.

Re: Mass Effect 3 error: "Origin is no longer running; Mass Effect 3 demo will now close."

Same problem but I think it is a problem of Demo version as when I started playing Dragon Age II Demo version I was getting the same errors but after that when I started playing the full version of Dragon Age II I never faced this kind of problem and now same thing is happening with me for Mass Effect 3 Demo also. So I think the day I will get full version all this problems would be gone.

Was having this kind of problem with my Mass Effect 3 but I found a solution as when I checked the process I found there were 2 Origin running and when I closed one the game started fine. As every time this is happening it starts 2 origin and you need to process kill one. And then start the game it works fine.

When I started the Origin and I did check the Task Manager I dint not find a single Origin process running and I was not able to understand why is this happening so I just tried and re-installed Origin from copying the game folder from other computer as my net is very slow. And after doing that it worked properly.

There is a problem with the origin that i have, that is that i tried logging in the origin it said that its network did not reach and i should check my network connections and try again. So what i did was i uninstalled it and did it again but the same message flashed. Then i thought that that EA may have problems with all the new people getting in Mass Effect 3 so i tried it after one whole day but it is still malfunctioning. Than yesterday i tried logging in again in origin and to my astonishment i got logged in there but the Mass Effect 3 demo did not work properly. So again as usual i tried uninstalling it, but my computer hanged and now completely crashed.

This subject ORIGIN makes me think why on this earth does a program like origin and steam is even required to play games. What is the need of this kind of superb, awesome playing games when only these things prohibits us from enjoying these games are these stupid digital platforms?

But the platforms are not going to vanish soon. I am a fan of these games but then i don’t plan to buy any such game that will not work because of any problem with origin. Anyways that’s not the main discussion here. It’s about to identify what is the main problem of this issue and how should we solve it out. And since i have been reading many things i think the best option is we should reinstall the origin, try to remove firewalls, and at last we can reboot windows and many more. And if nothing is finalized, i might just plan for a steam one or maybe rent the game.