Thread: Why no Open World in Alan Wake?

Why no Open World in Alan Wake?

Hello friends, I have completed all the episodes which are there in game, and then suddenly it came to my mind that there is no open world in the game. I do not why the developers have not kept the Open World in this game, this concept is been abandon from the game completely. I wish that this concept might be added in the second part of Alan wake. What you people have to say about it? Thank you.

Re: Why no Open World in Alan Wake?

I am also shock that there is no Open World in Alan Wake, if that would be added to the game then it would be really awesome to play it. Even the selling of the game would have increase with that particular concept. If you have ever played the old PC exclusive version, that is been still available in the market, you can get it and play if you have not played it. I do not know why Remedy is keeping the old version then should remove it and bring new one and it should have open world concept in it.

If the open world is been is been added to game then think what you have done with it? You would chop wood so that able to build cabin. There would be fishes in the river, crunch cars in junk yard. Would be able to eat pancakes and other thing at the Oh Deer Diner. There are plenty of other things which we can do in game and it will be relevant to the story. I wanted to know that which type of relevant lame quests you would like to see in game and would world work better. Please share thoughts, thank you.

I have received the fill with Deadly Premonition which also takes control of the day/night cycle in game. I believe that game is been made as per the vision which was declared in 2006. If the game was not working about it then I believe Remedy should take their words back which they told in 2006, that there will be an open world. People get into trap of idealizing a work in progress and get a slap on their face when there is short-changed by the creator.

If the Alan wake will be having Open world then I do not think that it is the best idea to have it. If you checked out then there are plenty of open world games, so it wills like that there will be games having open world only. Thinking about it makes Psychological Thriller than what it was before. Having too much of extra content in the game is not at good.

I do not think that open world might have worked with the Alan wakes story. It might be there in upcoming series of it, but it will be nice if they focus on story of the game. I have founded that stories of Remedy are not so powerful and due to which it suffer; hardly anyone is able to play from one mission to the next. They do other thing which is not at all necessary in the game and due to that their story becomes the second point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonds| View Post
    Hello friends, I have completed all the episodes which are there in game, and then suddenly it came to my mind that there is no open world in the game. I do not why the developers have not kept the Open World in this game, this concept is been abandon from the game completely. I wish that this concept might be added in the second part of Alan wake. What you people have to say about it? Thank you.
    If you have checked the IGN's review of American Nightmare then you might get some idea about it. I believe that Remedy has not mixed anything and change the idea of Open world in this game, there is change but that is in the environments change.

Really like to play Red Dead Redemption type games, as such type of games are not been very psychological thriller. You will get a complete different type of experience which is having different structure, main character, completely in the game. If the developers have made it an open world game then it would not be actual Alan Wake game, so that might be the reason they have not add that concept.