Thread: Mass Effect 3 has the terrible framerate drops

Mass Effect 3 has the terrible framerate drops

just downloaded the game and like to mention that the game is really nice and I like the graphic in the game but has the issue during I was playing the game I saw terrible drop in the frame rate of the game while moving the camera around and if I watch during any cut scenes, it's a ideal 60 fps. I am thinking it might be the coding issue. My system information is
    • Intel i5 2500K 4.7 GHz
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 580
    • 8 GB of RAM DDR 2

Can anyone here help me on this issue I would be really be glad . I don’t think it is an hardware issue

Re: Mass Effect 3 has the terrible framerate drops

Yeah it's totally awful, even cut scene camera transitions are extremely sloppy and unexpected. The demo is really awful and was more or less useless. Noticed it in the cut scenes right away. Not so a great deal in the game play however hey it is a demo so I wish the final product isn't like that.

I had frame rate issue as well . I just shut down the Active Shadows off and it was all right. I had FRAPS on too. perhaps that had somewhat to do with it...

Just try this may be it will help this may be weird but worth a shot

1. Just Go to Ati catalyst then over there force AA to 2x, put it to the multisampling
    2. Now you start the game and play it
    3. While playing you will be seeing the that you can see the option to use or switch off the in game AA without game performance hit.
    4. If u still requires a bit more so all you need to do is just reduce resolution a little and if still more so do the extreme and switch off shadows.

however I consider forcing AA on the ati control panel make it to able to handle AA more accurately and improves performance entirely . this technique help me to achieve the 60 fps all settings on at 1600x900, as well as at 1920x1080 I have 38-45 fps still overwhelming compared to earlier terrible drops.

The major issue is that the Mass Effect 3 demo is make the double-buffered vsync compulsory . So if you game go down to 59fps lacking vsync, with double-buffered vsync it might be drop to 30fps. That's part of the cause you're seeing that kind of framerate up and down .

I hope this will help

• Select the masseffectDemo/binaries
    • Just open the MassEffect3DemoConfig
    • You will see the configure anisotropic filter on there
    • Just make it to 16x

This works for me hope it does work for you