Thread: Need help on capping the Frame rate to 30FPS for Mass Effect 3

Need help on capping the Frame rate to 30FPS for Mass Effect 3

Hi guys

I need help on capping the frame rate to 30 FPS for more movie-esque framerate. I have looked everywhere for this but not able to find any solution to this . is there any one here can help on this I will be really appreciating this .

Re: Need help on capping the Frame rate to 30FPS for Mass Effect 3

Well I have found the way to do that its really very simple all you have do is go into the BioWare/Mass Effect 3 Demo/BIOGame/Config folder and look for the GamerSettings configuration file. Just ope that on the notepad or the notepade ++ application and search the SystemSettings . over there add the line

Code:
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30.000000
    I have pasted this line from the Mass Effect 1 config folders so I don’t sure about the zeros that comes after the dot and I am not sure where it has to be pasted under the SystemSettings I pasted it under MPVoiceContinueOnLostFocus=False

Hopes this help

I believe 30fps works immense in this game. It provide it more of a film feel. Why does everybody require to kick up their graphics to 60+fps? It seems smoother, however then it's like seeing a soap opera on TV... too smooth. 30fps is ideal for most games outside of Call of Duty. incidentally, I have the PC version of GTA IV plus I made it to run at 30fps.

I've never be able to understand this entire "film feel" people use when telling games that run at 30FPS, there a huge difference among a film running at their default of 24FPS as each frame have motion blur to provide it a smoother end, games do not do this. every frame is a hard render with no blur, so 30FPS can experience jerk compare to a standard film or game running at 60FPS. And running at lesser FPS levels bring in contribution lag which make very understandable when using a mouse.

Well in my opinion 30FPS games just don't think it is smooth, and takes a few getting use to while I play any console games, however on PC the smallest amount I can cope with is about 50FPS, and still though there still a obvious dissimilarity among 50 as well as 60FPS the input lag is just regarding convenient.

This is or the reason that people see interruption used in 120 Hz sets, plus that seems to be terrible. Increasing the frames is not like having a legit higher frame rate.

There are a few games that do let you for instance Resident Evil 5, the valve also feel that playing a configuration file, however the Assassin's Creed brotherhood I have no thought why I asked ... perhaps somebody knows of a application or some way to achieving limited to 30 FPS PC games, I consider all games should have this option.