Thread: Can I run Alan Wake in DX9 mode?

Can I run Alan Wake in DX9 mode?

Hello friends, I wanted to know that can I run the game in DirectX 9 mode or not? Whereas the graphics are been great and also most of the user play the game smoothly for the gameplay / storyline of it. So is there any method by which I can run it? If it is there then please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can I run Alan Wake in DX9 mode?

I wanted to tell that Alan Wake runs in DirectX 9 mode. If you are getting the very low frame rates when you are having everything on minimum then I would suggest that you better upgrade your system which will be best option for you and you might not problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    I wanted to tell that Alan Wake runs in DirectX 9 mode. If you are getting the very low frame rates when you are having everything on minimum then I would suggest that you better upgrade your system which will be best option for you and you might not problem with it.
    If the game is been made to run in DX 9 then I do not understand why it required to have DX10 card requirement, what is the use of the requirement for it, does anyone has any idea about it, do you people not find it strange?

Well let me add that it is the advanced version of the DX0 which is using very few features then which are been used by the natural DX9 games, if you try to run the game on earlier cards then it run as crap, I have tried it and checked it out for me, so I would suggest that you have latest DX9 card or get the DX 10 which will be the best and better choice to run the gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    Well let me add that it is the advanced version of the DX0 which is using very few features then which are been used by the natural DX9 games, if you try to run the game on earlier cards then it run as crap, I have tried it and checked it out for me, so I would suggest that you have latest DX9 card or get the DX 10 which will be the best and better choice to run the gamer.
    Then also I believe that it is using the DX 9 and not using the DX10 features which is very much annoying to me and I cannot believe on that, I wanted to know why they have mention DX10 in the requirement.

Well let me tell you that it uses the DX9 but it uses the advantage of features which are been added on to DX10. Those features are been used in the game engine. Well a DX 9 card is been required, one more thing which is important with it that you need to have processing power of a DX10 card so that you are able to get a decent performance of the game, before running better check it.

Where the DX 10 card such as the GeForce 8800 GTX is having some feature of the DX 9 but it run faster than any of the DX9 card, in simple words I would like to say that DX 9 cards are simply too slow due to which there is need to have DX 10 card is been need then only it will make a perfect sense for it.

Whereas some of the last DX 9 cards were having some problems. Wanted to tell that Nvidia GeForce 7x00 series do not support 4096x4096 textures which is been used by the engine and also the ATI Radeon X1x00 series does not support Vertex Texture Fetch and it is the reason that it is not fully compatible with DX9 VS 3.0 model.