Thread: How to fix draw distance problem in Alan Wake?

How to fix draw distance problem in Alan Wake?

Recently I have purchased and installed Alan Wake on the computer of mine. I did not got any issue while installing the game. I did not got any issue while running the game into the custom settings. But still there is an issue which I have noticed recently. The things which are not far ahead around 5 to 10 meters in the front of Alan it did not seems to appear until and unless I am getting closer to it. noticed the same issue with the mountain structure as well. It is looking like normal in the game but as I am getting closer to it I am able to see it in detail. I don’t know whether it is called as draw distance and quite frustrating. It should be fixed by the developer of the game.

Re: How to fix draw distance problem in Alan Wake?

Well I have also seen the same issue. I think there is some kind of texture streaming or LOD. You can noticed the issue very easily in the daytime part of Episode 3. When you are supposed to driving on the road you will be able to see rock as well as mountain textures are switching to LOD from the distance.

The entire thing is dependent how they have developed the system? The landscape tessellates are more when you are supposed to getting closer and there could be small pops happening. It is also dependent on the location and some places where the artist have done more displacement. The computer which you are using can make the difference that is if you are using dual core cpu then it will be more visible as the processor will be able to update the landscape in slow speed.

We are supposed to hide interiors and small objects in order to get higher frame rate in the game. it will also prevent the loading breaks when you are going into the building as you are having in the Skyrim.

After going through the problem of yours I wanted to tell you that you should simply turn the Draw Distance slider to the minimum as it will help you to see more details at the longer distance. If you are able to turn it to max then it will show less details from the longer distance. Hence I am suspecting that slider could be reverted by any mean. So you should lower the distance in order to get the more details.