Thread: Will developer provide patch to play Alan Wake in low display resolution?

Will developer provide patch to play Alan Wake in low display resolution?

I don’t know why the developers set the limit for the resolution. It should be of 1024x768. Right now I am having ATI HD3470. I am getting low FPS even I have made all the settings to low. Don’t tell me that I will need to upgrade the system because I am having laptop. I cannot expanse more than $29.9 for this particular game. I hope the developer of the game would release the patch as early as possible.

Re: Will developer provide patch to play Alan Wake in low display resolution?

Do you wanted to play the game at the resolution of 352x200? There is no mean to play this particular game on laptops. You should have a gaming console like Xbox.

The 1024x768 resolution to be restricted by the developer of the game. according to me there should not be unwanted menu settings in the game. particularly when there will be need of an additional hardware is needed. I loved to play this particular game with unreadable captions as well as big caption. It will help you to overcome from the threshold of 10fps. It is quite enough to remove limit for the checking of minimum resolution which will help you to prevent the game needed resolution when you have set the specific parameters on command line or you will need to edit the resolution.xml file.

The developer of the game has developed HUD, subtitles so that it can fit into the resolution of 1024x768. If I am not wrong the developers can provide some kind of the settings which will allow you to play the game at the low resolution but it can cause some kind of bugs in the game.

I do agree with you that this particular game has been not developed for the people who are having low hardware configuration system. I can understand the reason why the developer of the game is not providing low resolution gaming since it supposed to use lots of postprocessing. If they provide the lower resolution gaming then I would think and decide whether I play the game or not.

People are saying that one can set the low resolution by editing the config file but it did not seems to working at all. there is need of patch which can limit the resolution of the game.