Thread: Wanted more GFX option as GeForce GTX 570 SLI not good for Alan Wake

Wanted more GFX option as GeForce GTX 570 SLI not good for Alan Wake

I loved the look and feel of Alan Wake. But I have found that 3D vision of the game has been broken. I am getting garbage output even after I have done low settings. I think in the game there is something like GFX option which is causing the issue. I could not find the gfx option and option to disable the same. due to above mentioned issue I am not able to play the game. Let me know if you are having any idea on the same.

Re: Wanted more GFX option as GeForce GTX 570 SLI not good for Alan Wake

Well I am sure about the thing that the game is running is great with more than one graphic card. I am able to max the game by using single AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card and I am getting great performance of the game. I would like to say that it supposed to best PC port from past couple of days.

I have noticed that 1st gpu is having usage of 80% at the resolution of 1080p while playing in 2D. all the settings are low and managed to get 35FPS only. Observed the same thing with SLI using the low settings and 2D. the GPU utilization is quite high. I cannot play the game with the 3d vision with sufficient FPS. Single card is giving 35fps and SLI will give 60fps. gtx570 in the low setting is not sufficient to run the game at the 60fps .

Currently I am having high powered system and it is giving me 60fps. I used to play the game with 60fps. In case I am turning down the settings then game seems to be unplayable. I think should not be happen.

After doing lots of research I managed to get following information and I am hoping that it will be useful to you. due to construction of the graphics engine this particular game is not doing well with the multi-GPU configurations. So far AMD is having Crossfire profile for the game which is supposed to enable the 65 to 75% performance boost on the crossfire. But I don’t think so developers has tested yet. If you are getting the issue from long time then you should disable the multi-GPU mode for the game.

I do agree with you. Above mentioned thing helps to boost the performance somehow. Some users are having hardware as well as driver combination which is causing the issue. it is really ridiculous if Crossfire 6970 are not able to run the game over 30fps.

On my computer the game is never getting below of 50fps. The game is running at 60 FPS in the most of the times. So far I have not seen any difference between 50fps and 60fps when you consider the smoothness. I would like to cap the frame rate as monitor of mine is having support for 50Hz refresh rate. So far I have noticed FPS drop only one tine at the beginning of episode 3. High SSAO increases the GPU load by 15%. I have disabled V-Sync option and making use of D3DOverrider in order to implement V-Sync & Triple Buffering. See that you are not forcing anything into Nvidia control panel or Nvidia Inspector.