Thread: Shoulder view not working as expected in Alan Wake

Shoulder view not working as expected in Alan Wake

at the first glance this particular game is having great look and feel. I am having particular question regarding this game. Alan Wake is starting in the view where you are looking on his left shoulder. Hence I have pressed the tab key to look over the right shoulder. After completing of every single cut scene or conversation part the game is going back to the left shoulder view. Hence again I need to press tab key to go back to the right shoulder.

Re: Shoulder view not working as expected in Alan Wake

I think there should be some kind of settings which can remember the thing. There are some camera cuts and location which will give you better visibility. Hence it will be quite difficult to complicated.

I do agree with you that it is moving to get the better scenes to get the better view. It seems to be quite annoying to push tab key all the time. I have mapped the same with the mouse in order to get the better and easier look while playing the game. another thing which I have noticed that steam overlay is not used. If you are running with Shift and then you will need to switch view in order to get the different view by hitting the tab key. Shift+Tab is launching steam overlay.
    We know that one can changed the same by key bindings and also know that we can also turn the overlay off. Also you can change the tab key to any other default option.

Well I am using shift + caps lock buttons from the past many years. Why because shift + tab is supposed to be the most common buttons in number of games. same as you Shoulder view getting reverted to the left side and I am hoping that developer will fix the same as early as possible.

After playing the game for couple of hours I figured out that the it simply swapping the view automatically on the basis of where the player is looking. If you are having view on left shoulder the it simply gets swing quickly from the left side to right side. Also the camera will move around Alan and it will get settle on the right side. So I am wondering that they have implemented Max Payne camera system and I am suspecting that it will mess with the game in lots of manner.

It is dependent how gamers are playing the game. The swap thing which you have stated over here I really don’t liked either. I used to swap between the right shoulder views. I will prefer the right shoulder view and I wanted to change the same. i really like if the game is giving an opportunity to select the view as per our need. I used to change the shoulder view to left whenever I needed.

I need to change the view while playing the game manually. I know that it is quite frustrating. So there should be an option to switch between the views and I am hoping that developers will provide the same.

I will not purchase the game until and unless the mouse control and shoulder view has been not controlled by the developer of the game. the game should have accurate control in order to enjoy the gameplay.