Thread: Entire System crashes at start of Chapter 1 in Alan wake

Entire System crashes at start of Chapter 1 in Alan wake

In my computer I have downloaded Alan wake game from steam and after downloading this game in my computer it has started giving me annoying problem. Now when I start Alan wake game and get in to chapter 1 after that my entire system crashes. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Entire System crashes at start of Chapter 1 in Alan wake

According to me you should first run Alan wake game in window mode and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? you should first check whether you are getting same problem with window mode or not? if same problem is occurring with window mode also then problem is related to graphic setting or graphic drivers otherwise something else is causing this problem?

If you want to try to run Alan wake game in window mode then you have to launch Alan wake game and then you have to pres Alt key and Enter key and then it will switch to window mode. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Many times if any files of the games gets corrupted at that time also this type of problem can take place and that is why I would like to tell you that you should remove Alan wake game from your system and then you have to restart your computer and after restarting your computer you have to install Alan wake game in your computer and then check whether same problem is occurring or not?

I know that is basic solution but it may be helpful for you.

In my computer I have AMD Phenom Quad-core 2.60ghz processor, ATI Radeon 4780 graphic card and 4 GB RAM and I am experiencing same problem with Alan wake game. First I thought that updating the graphic drivers will solve this problem but after updating the drivers also same problem occurred again. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Did you tried to solve this problem by verifying the game cache from Steam? If you have not tried to solve this problem by verifying integrity of the cache of Alan wake game then you should first clear it and then check whether you are getting same problem or not?

In my computer I have tried to run Alan wake game in window mode and after running that in window mode also I get same problem and then I have also tried to fix this problem by verifying the game cache files but that does not make any difference. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Please help me to fix this problem.

I was searching for the solution on the internet regarding this problem and I have come to know that by switching stream in offline mode and then running Alan wake games will solve this problem and after reading that I have tried that in my computer and then problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then check what the result is?